Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

teachers strike

so whos beens affected?

both my boys are off today, doesnt really bother me as I'm a stay at home mum, my only gripe is that its slap bang in the middle of the week,I think it would be alot less disruptive for the kids if it was a monday or friday.

Replies

• There's no strike at our local school. I don't know much about the strikes to be honest. Hope you have fun whatever you do!

• E is off, and is at her Nan's which took some working out as I had to drop C into nursery too. Strikes are supposed to be disruptive so that people take an interest. Annoyed by the media's take on it - they seemed to focus on how put out parents were having to make alternate childcare arrangements and not the reason for teachers striking i.e. our children's and children's children's future education. I fully support the strikes. I have friends who are brilliant teachers who are all considering leaving the profession because it's not the job they signed up for any more, sad times.

www.theguardian.com/.../teachers-life-inside-the-exam-factory

• C was at school, but there were a few classes whose teacher was striking.

My friend has 2 kids at the school, 1 had the day off, which didnt go down well with the one who had to go to school.