Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The people buying my house

want to move next Thursday. My solicitor has responded to their solicitor pointing out that they haven't even completed their enquiries so how could they be ready let alone me? My estate agent doesn't think they have even sorted their mortgage yet!

Replies

• How very strange =\

• Some people live in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to moving. A colleague was ranting about their seller recently because she'd realised that when this person was saying they'd be ready to exchange on a certain day, they really were just pulling dates out of a hat. I think they think that if they say something like that it will happen. In reality unless you push and push and push there's no way a solicitor will act that quickly. (Never mind the mortgage company!).

• People are crazy when it comes to house moves! I have a friend who had their buyers turn up a day early with all their belongings, with a removals company, then got huffy when they wouldn't let them just move their stuff in a day early. Never mind the fact they still had all their stuff in the house and were not finished packing, plus obviously money hadn't been exchanged etc.

Did your solicitor go back to them with a more reasonable date?