Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The weekend, what are peoples plans

Saturday we have taster sessions for our school of rock and enrolement for people wanting to join this term. Four cheques at the P.O. Box already and some other people have let us know they are joining.

Cook dinner for PIL at theirs

Sunday harvest festival at Church ties in nicely with son's homework

Son has a party Sunday lunchtime

Sunday evening leading the youth group and we are doing the topic of sex. I am going to be bright red great!!!

Replies

• Sounds like a busy weekend for you WF. What is the age range for your youth group? You're braver than I would be!

We have S's first birthday party on Sunday so tomorrow will be spent finishing his cake, blowing up balloons and getting all the food ready. I don't think I've sat down for two days, there's so much to do! Will be lovely though, I'm really looking forward to it :)

• You are right popcorn it is going to be busy for you. The youth group is 11 to 18. We will do some bits all together, then split into smaller age appropriate groups but will prepare material for the other leaders to use in the smaller groups.

What type of cake have you made for S. Are you having the party at home I am sure it will be lovely. Are you having many guests.

• I hope it all goes ok WF, hopefully the groups will all be responsive for you.

Party is in a church hall with about 40+ adults and 10 little ones. The cake is a victoria sandwich but decorated to look like the balloons from 'Up'. I've also made a gingerbread house to attach it to. Just finished icing it now, I'm exhausted from the concentration!