Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tumble dryer, not in kitchen...?

Do you have a tumbler? Apart from the kitchen, where do you keep it? I think we need one with baby coming, even though I'll try to use it as little as poss. 

There's space in the kitchen but it's space I've earmarked for other things so am interested to hear other options.

Replies

• We have ours out in the shed in the garden, atm there's no electric out there but eventually will get some put in the shed, we just run our extension lead from the front room too the shed, it works for us atm :). I worry about having them in the house because I know my mum has tiled floors and her's get so wet and are slippy (we don't have room in the kitchen to have ours in there anyways)

• Ours is in the garage. Send H out there!

• Reading this with interesto as H has been trying to convince me to get one for years, and now that we have a baby on the way I'm finally starting to be won over. We have a decent sized kitchen, but not sure where it would fit so considering the garage but wondered if that would be a pain in the long run?

• Ours is in the utility room, and H made a bit in the back door to fix the vent into.  When we lived in London we had the washing machine and the tumbler above it in a big cupboard in the bathroom.  

We got our tumbler just before J was born, and I love it.  I don't use it much in the summer, only for towels or if I need a really quick turnaround of something, but in the winter it gets used quite a bit.   I wouldn't want to be without it if I had the choice.  

• Ours is in the utility room, or cupboard under the stairs- whatever you want to call it! It's a condenser so it doesn't need an air vent.

• Our tumble dryer is in the conservatory, with hose out of one of the windows, would prefer it hidden, but don't have anywhere else for it to go.

• We don't have one but I know people who have one in their bathroom.

• Ours is in the garage.

• yup got one but it's in the kitchen.  it makes me lazy when it comes to hanging up washing, I stick as much as possible in the dryer rather than hanging it up (when H isn't around as he moans about how much it gets used Laugh)

• Garage here

• Ours is in the garage too, next to the washing machine.

• We have a washer dryer as we have the world's tiniest kitchen and no power on our garage (as it's not near the house). My mum has hers out on the garage though.

• We have a large utility room so we keep our washer and dryer in there. Love my dryer I couldn't be without one

• We have ours in our utility room. In our old house it was in the shed.

• Ours is in the cupboard under the stairs. It's a condenser so no vents needed. Was a bugger to get in there but I refused to switch to a washer/dryer!

• We don't have one but my mum keeps hers in the utility room.

• Ours is in the cupboard on the landing.

• We don't have one but our washing machine is in the bathroom, as the bathroom has a lot of floorspace. If we did get a tumble drier we'd stack it on top of the washing machine.

We've got a heated airer from Lakeland which has been fine. I've not felt the lack of a tumble drier, even with a newborn and using reusable nappies. I might change my mind when we've got 2 in reusables but I suppose we can get one then if need be.

• We ended up buying a washer dryer as when we moved house we had no space for one and I couldn't live without it

• Ours is in the kitchen, I don't mind it in there as it helps to keep the room warm. When we eventually move, I would like to have a utility room to put it in.