Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

U spent the night in her own bed

Had warned it was coming, reminded her on the morning and reminded her before bedtime.

I had made her bedroom look like somethign out of a catalogue and she was very impressed with it. Also have hung her clothes up in the wardrobe now stating she is a big girl and reach the clothes herself.

When it got to bed time there were lots of tears and sobbing and begging pleas eI lseep in your bed mummy. I sat her on the window sill and reminded her what we ahd talked about. Asked if she wanted a story and she said no. Put her into bed and kissed he goodnight. She sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. Statements ranged from I miss you mummy to I love you mummy to I need a cuddle mummy to I am lonely mummy to I've changed my mind I NEED a story. She never once got out of bed though, let alone her room. The sobbing lasted for an hour and I sat outside her bedroom trying not to cry myself.

She spent the entire night in her bed although she had two night terrors which I had to go in and deal with which disturbed my sleep<yawn> but it worked really well. It was really weird having the bed to myself... until 4am when B turned up for hsi nightly check (later than usual and got in woth em).

Really didn't expect to give up an update like this.

Wonder what will happen tonight?

Replies

• Options

Excellent, long may it continue. x

• Options

Well done. You know she can do it so stick with it tonight. With my daughter she used to try and get in at 4am we just told her that it was too early and took her back to her own bed. But wait until you've got U settled first then you can tackle B.

• Options

Great update. You're def doing the right thing you need your own time.

Once she's settled def tackle B. M got in this habit, came in to us about 5am but is such a wriggler that none of us got sleep after that, we got her a gro clock and she got the hang of it after a few nights. B is a bit older, so maybe just get him a proper clock?

• Options

With B it is a more an anxiety thing, checking I am still there. Soemtimes I don't even realise he has been in but as U wasn't there he decided to start a conversation...

• Options

Hope the last few nights have got even better x x