Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Vibes please for husband: UPDATE

I know it is still a week away. But could I have some vibes for my husband. My husband is having a second opinion for a heart transplant at Papworth hospital. My husband has severe heart failure caused by Beckers Muscular Dystrophy currently the heart failure is stable and he is doing really well, working part time. We had stage 1 and stage 2 heart transplant assessment at the QE in Birmingham. Although he is bad enough to need a transplant the QE decided not to put him on the waiting list due to complications because of the Beckers unusually they were in full support of us getting a second opinion. So on Monday 12th we are off to Papworth for three days. I will doing a four hour round trip and having to sort out childcare for our six year old. Please could we have vibes as this process is very stressful.

UPDATE: The assessment at Papworth went very well, but things are looking positve will update when we know the outcome next wednesday. It looks like his respiratory muscles are OK and that his heart failure is stable enough for us not to go on the transplant list yet.

Replies

• Oh winterflower, that sounds awful! Sending you lots of vibes for the 12th! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• That sounds like jolly hard work. Hope all goes well x

• Fingers crossed you get the answer you want x

• Fingers crossed for your appointment, I hope you get the answers you need.

• Heaps of vibes, what a worrying time it must be for you all. I hope the trip is very worthwhile xx

• TONS of vibes. ++++++++++++++++++++++

• Fingers crossed for you.

• Thank you for the vibes everyone has sent. We have finally got most of the info we need to get to Papworth for 10.45 am on Monday. So dropping son off early at a friend's who will take him to school. It will take us about two hours to get to Papworth but want to have plenty of time to get there.  First two days in cardiology  where he will have lots of tests,then overnight in sleep/respiratory clinic. Currently husband uses a BiPAP at night as he tends to stop breathing at night. Also as both sides of his heart are failing it helps to support the right side of the heart. He will be discharged Wednesday and hopefully we will know if they are prepared to put him on the transplant waiting list. Work has been amazing about allowing me to have time off.

• Masses of vibes and big hugs to you xx

• Great update, fingers crossed for you! x