Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Vibes please Updated

In the grand scheme of things it is relatively trivial but could I have some vibes please as I have a job interview tomorrow for a senior school science technicians post. I am currently working as a school science technician and  this is  the next logical step.

Thanks

Replies

• Options

Sending lots of vibes Winterflower...go get them lady!! X

• Options

Lots and lots of vibes WF, fingers crossed for you x

• Options

Lots of vibes, hope it goes/went ok. Let us know how you get on!

• Options

Well the practical part didn't go well, but I still got the job. I have informally accepted but not sure I want the job after all. I am going to sleep on it. I will either hand in my resignation tomorrow or let the other school know I have decided I don't want the job after all

• Options

Oh WF, sorry the practical part didn't go well but that's great news about the job offer. What's made you doubt if you even want the job now? (If you don't mind me asking!) Good luck with your decision anyway!

• Options

Congratulations on getting the offer. Good luck on making the decision x

• Options

Thanks all. What made me have doubts abut the job? A gut feeling, just something about the science department. Didn't like the labs, also all the teachers were female apart from a Deputy head so how much teaching would they do, I don't think it is healthy when a department is so female dominated. It was kind of little things I picked up on made alarm bells ring and the final straw was some inside information from someone who had worked there. I feel I have made the right decision. Also it is pushing me to do what I really want to and apply for a course. I think I need to follow my dreams.