Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weekend plans?

Hope no one minds me starting this. I rarely post over here but thought I would try and do my bit to get the board moving.

So...what are we all up to this weekend? Any mothers day plans (if you celebrate it)?

No plans specifically tomorrow although we are starting blw tomorrow. Am excited and nervous in spades! Sunday H is working which I'm disappointed about as he's never worked a weekend in his life so he will be heading to London after church in the morning. I'll probably spend the day with my mum and dad.

What about you?

Replies

• Good luck with the blw popcorn! That's a shame about your H working on Sunday. Mine is too actually which is also rare for a weekend.

My mum is flying in this morning so I'm picking her up from the airport and we're heading to the Trafford centre, for as long as my hips and back hold out anyway! Then probably just do some shopping and eating this weekend! I need to go to ikea too but I'm not sure if I can face that at a weekend!

• Shopping and eating for the weekend sounds fab Imp. Do you get to catch up with your mum often? I love Ikea but even I can't face it at a weekend. Anything specific you're going for? I love Ikea but even I can't face it at the weekend.

• Enjoy blw popcorn!

Imp, shopping sounds fun, although I'd also avoid Ikea!

This morning I'm meeting a friend for coffee then this afternoon we are getting photos of C done and a few family shots

Tomorrow M has a party, then not sure after that.

Sunday we are going for lunch and not sure what else.

• Sounds like everyone has some nice plans! Popcorn hope blw goes well!  Imp enjoy shopping with your mum, shopping is never the same once you've got children in tow so make the most of it!  Weekender that's nice you're being taken out for lunch.

Tomorrow I'm very excited as I'm going for a spa day! It's a free day because when I went on a friend's hen do last year there had been a fire the night before so some of the facilities were unavailable so they gave us all a voucher to go back another day as a freebie! I cannot tell you how much I need this! Just going to relax all day!!!

Sunday we have no plans, I would settle for a lie-in and either a meal cooked for me or a takeaway. 2nd will most likely happen but the 1st one I won't hold my breath for!

• I agree shopping with kids is not an enjoyable experience!

Our trips to ikea tend to be midweek at about 8pm when it's lovely and empty

Today I'm meeting a friend at bounce and rhyme then going for coffee.

Tomorrow I'm meeting friends for lunch then thinking of a trip to mothercare to test drive a baby jogger city mini double as I've been watching some on eBay.

Sunday no plans. H has a friend visiting us this weekend so he will be at the pub most of Saturday I imagine and then probably in bed Sunday morning so I'm not expecting a nice Mother's Day lie in or breakfast, you never know he may surprise me.

• Frankie a spa day sounds fab. Enjoy!

• No plans for Mothers Day (we don't "do" Mothers/Fathers/Valentine's Day), but I will still be popping to my Mums house, as she likes it.

We have H's kids tonight, but thankfully they are going home tomorrow. Had a nightmare weekend with them last week, so I'm really not keen to have them here atm.

Tomorrow, I need to go wool shopping, and I have a couple of things to make.

Pretty quiet really, but after last week, I am looking forward to it.

• A spa sounds great!

I'm going to see my mum, take her out for lunch, really looking forward to it. Also, will see my brother who I haven't seen since the summer as he has moved back home now, so be really good to catch up with him.

• Friday son goes to Friday club for an hour. Probably unload our van on Saturday, as we had our School of Rock Show last week. We need to get the van checked think the turbo has gone. Might aswell get it completely checked over and MOTed. Would like to go for a picnic at some point if the weather is good enough and start sorting the house.

• Tomorrow is just a day of errand running and little jobs around the house. On Sunday I am going to Ikea with my Mum and Sister for a browse and to pick up furniture for the nursery. Have MIL, FIL, Mum and Sister to ours for dinner on Sunday evening so will be sticking a joint of lamb in the slow cooker before I go to Ikea!

• Sounds like some lovely weekend plans, hope you all enjoy it and the weather is kind.

Tomorrow the boys and I are decorating eggs for a competition at school, will pop to Hobbycraft for some stuff and then go to my parents after lunch and go for a walk with them. H is fishing for the day so will be back late.

No plans for Sunday, need to get out and mow the lawns and do a bit outside and might squeeze in a walk as well, and I think the ILs will be popping in in the afternoon.