Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

O/T - new kitchen advice?!

Hi all, 

We're considering a new kitchen but need to do it as cheaply as poss but with decent quality. Anyone got one recently? Where does decent prices or deals or who would/wouldn't u recommend pls? Dreading upheaval though as we will need new boiler in new place and some re-plumbing..,also dreading cost, lol! 

Replies

• My B&Q kitchen is great - I got the doors in the sale and the units were fairly priced.

• Wouldn't recommend Wren kitchens! Awful service, awful quality and 10 weeks to do a galley kitchen that was already clear and that was without the plastering/tiling/painting!

• Oh my goodness furmummy, that sounds awful!! Poor you.

Thanks dumblespud, thinking perhaps b&q or homebase

• Wickes kitchens are v.good. someone I work with used to be a kitchen fitter and he said they were the best quality

• Another vote for Wickes kitchens, we have one and found them really good (although we found our own, cheaper fitter). They did try to push up the price with lots of sneaky extras (a wine fridge for example!), but we went through and took all the random bits out and I think it was fairly reasonable price wise.

We did get a quote from Wren but they didn't seem that great to be honest.

• Oooh, I hadn't thought of Wickes. I'll def check them out too. Thanks!

• Howdens are really good. They only supply to trade so you have to get your kitchen fitter to order it. Really good quality and trade prices. They will come out to your house and do CAD designs for free