Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What are people up to this bank Holiday Monday

We have glorious sunny weather in Smethwick. I am thinking of doing some gardening with my son. We are probably taking our son to an event in a local Park where there is music, fair, skate boarders and bmxers performing. going to make a picnic.

Replies

• The weather is a bit driech up here. Planning to meet up with Saffron this afternoon for a catch up, not much else planned otherwise.  Just enjoying not being at work!

• Extend these in-bed baby cuddles. Walk dog down by the sea. Watch a movie. Some (seriously overdue) admin. :)

• I'm painting a chest for the nursery and then doing general house bits and bobs!

• I've had a busy weekend so quiet one for me and the boys today, E (who outshopped me in Oxford St on Saturday) is out swimming with her friends. I am photo editing some very gorgeous babies, and I have an assignment due this week which I am procrastinating about as usual!

• Enjoying the peace and quiet with my boys. Yet another nightmare weekend with my step son, so I am embracing today.

H is working, so that is adding to my good mood, haha.

Weather is lovely, so the kids are currently outside, playing.

• I spent this morning starting a crochet baby hat and then working on the baby memory book I'm making. Now lunch, then hoping to bake a banana cake, plant some veggi seedlings out & do some dissertation work. H is walking with his dad today. It's a bit over cast here which is a shame.

• It sounds like everyone is having really constructive day today. RKB hope you had a good time with Saffron. Counter did you get to have a work by the sea with the dog? I love the sea. Furmummy did you manage to paint the chest of draws? What colour did you paint them? Sssh, what have you got an assigment for? Whenever I study I have a nasty habbit of leaving things to the last minute. Abnormal Kitty I am sorry you are continueing to have a difficult time with you step son all I can say is I hope it eventually improves. Raincloud how's the crochetting going. I wish I could corchet. What a lovely thing to do making a baby memory book. What are you doing a dissertation on?

Went to replant the herbs and discovered I didn't have large enough pots so I went and bought some larger plant pots and some food shopping grrr.  Got my son some more Pannini stickers. Managed to get some washing done and dried in the arden.  We went to the event in Lightwood Park. It was good fun. Bumped into some friends and so we sat and chatted which was lovelly. A friends son was taking part in the BMX competition so we watched some of the event. Our son had a go on some of the fair ground rides, including a mini rollercoaster. Any one remeber Musical Youth. They played at the end of the event. Feel refreshed and ready for work tomorrow.