Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do we think of the sales so far?

I went to Bluewater yesterday mooched for 2 hours and came home with socks for H and a jumpsuit pyjama thing - typical as I had mone to spend.

We are going to Ashford Outlet today for a wander before my no shopping resolution comes into play!

Replies

• I've bought some xmas decs, a jumper for L, skirt & top for K which actually weren't in the sales and am going lake side today to hopefully get bag and shoes.

• I#ve bought a top in Fat Face and some underwear and that's about it.  I don't think much to the sales so far.

• I've found them to be pretty poor. I got a top from Fat Face and new wellies for O but that was it.

• I've bought a few Tshirts, Cardiagans, Wrap jumpers etc and a pair of Chino's in prep for LOs arrival - I am usually a dress kind of girl but thinking I may find trousers easier to BF at first.

I also got H some trainer/pump type things to wear with his Chinos. That's about it really, much much less than usual!

• I've not been to any sales i don't usually bother as I have never found them any good and I can't stand having to trawl through everything. I do need to get some jeans for my 3 year old so might go to our local mall today.

• H and I went to town yesterday and were really disappointed, the only sale things we bought were Christmas cards ahead of next year! I've had a few bits from Asda online and a bargain swimsuit that was £8 reduced from £22 on Mamas and Papas but that's been it.

• I've not bought anything. But then I couldn't be bothered to go to Next on Boxing Day, which is where I normally get some bargains, and if you don't go on the first day it does tend to be rubbish. Although I got H some slippers from there and they had to be exchanged and the new ones were in the sale so I saved money there.

Lots of shops had reductions just before Christmas anyway so there wasn't always new sale stuff if that makes sense.

• I got a Stokke xplory pushchair for half price (thanks Sofa Leopard) so I am chuffed to bits!

• i got LOADS for the boys in the next sale, some underwear for me and some jumpers, an xmas tree (half price), xmas lights and wrapping paper

o and H has just this minute bought a SMEG fridge for £480 for our kitchen extension thats not built yet Bang headBawl

• Wah ha ha! So much for you guys saving money!

• o i know!!! i just got a text telling me there was some good deals out and about and i phoned him and said 'you havent bought anything have you', i wouldnt mind but i have no where to f***ing put it Weep

• I got some plain table mats for when we have visitors should have been £29 for each set but got 2 for £28 so a good bargain, and have just given in and ordered a tumble dryer which was £70 reduced at currys, but they were out of stock so got elsewhere for the same price, not much else.

• I spent two hours and £90 in Next; I got two pairs of jeans, a pair of trousers for work, a swimming cossie, two bras, and four/maybe five tops.

£35 in a sports store on a new pair of trousers, sports bra, and two tops.

£20 in Lush as all their stuff was half price, it was a £20 gift card that I got for Christmas though or I wouldn't have.

£10 on a lovely cardigan thing I've wanted for ages, and also a bargainous pair of £6 leggings in new look.

I'm planning to head back to Boots as they had some great half price gifts, I might stock up for birthdays and stuff through the year.

So far I've been impressed!

• I can't bear sale shopping so have avoided shops since Christmas! There's nothing we want or need and I'd rather shop when the new season stuff is out.

• Hep you sound like a right snobLaugh

i managed to get my shoes bag and purse today but not in the sales. we then got some curtains for living room and are currently pricung up a kitchrn.

• I've only really looked at Next online which I thought was awful, and I went in a few shops today - M&S also rubbish for anything for C (ended up swapping a Christmas gift that he found too itchy for stuff that wasn't in the sale), GAP was ok but nothing I wanted for C (another Christmas gift that had to return as too small), and Accessorize had the purse I wanted before Christmas at half price so pleased with that one!

• I did really well in the sainsburys sale today.  I bought lots of presents for the toy cupboard for parties throughout the year.  I bought hello kitty things, owl and *** cat purses and owl and cat money boxes with 70% off.

• I've got all of J's birthday presents put away for June :-) Scooter, helmet, duplo set and a Thomas the Tank play set - all at least half price

I had a jumper my 18 month old got from the MIL to return to Debenhams today and the clothes sale was crap so ended up with the Happyland airport set half price :-)

• Btw its not a SMEG fridge but similar and will be arriving on the second of jan...great .... Weep, hep I agree, I hate sales shopping, I actually seen girls fighting in river island a few years ago! My next stuff was online, the home base stuff (Xmas decs) the shop was empty so we were lucky and the wrapping paper was from aldi Laugh