Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What would you do with £10,000

As the title says really!!

I think I would:

have a nice holiday

buy some new clothes, bag and make up

buy new windows for the top floor of my house as it gets sooooo cold in the kids rooms

put the rest away or use as a deposit to buy Rob a new car as his is about to die

Replies

• Hide it from ExLaugh

Use it as a deposit on a houseSmile

Dream world - holiday for the three of usBig Smile

• Ooh I'd clear mine and Hs credit cards

Book holiday

Shopping spree (clothes - once I pop obviously)

Extend my proposed mat leave

Poss deposit for new car if anything left over!

• Clear credit card, spend a few hundred, put rest in savings towards new house deposit.

• Have a nice holiday

Get someone in to decorate the whole house

Buy a new sofa

New fascia/guttering/front door/garage door

And if there's any left, buy some clothes.

• Holiday somewhere really nice.

Spend the rest on the house or paying off the mortgage or put into pension pot (dull icon).

• Put it towards the extension we're faffing about with.

• clear any cards and bank the rest for my maternity leave

• Last few years I've become pretty sensible with money so would be boring and save it...

but, but. but, if I had to spend it I would blow it on 2 weeks in the Maldives, with maybe a bit of business class thrown in to ease the pain of the journey.

Or maybe a decent car

• We have a big business loan to pay back to the bank after DHs business went into liquidation so suppose we would put it towards paying that off. :-(

Although I would probably try and persuade DH to maybe pay half of it against that, and use the other half for a cheap holiday abroad and to pay off some smaller debts like Next directory etc best if both worlds then :-)
  • I'd use it to pay off debts and the rest would then be saved for a deposit. I would also have a weekend away so we do something to enjoy ourselves.

• The cruise we want to go on next xmas, but can't justify the cost of and put the rest towards the extension I want.

• Pay off the last of H's debts

Put some away for my boys.

Take my boys to Disneyland.

Book a weekend away for H and me.

Get my half sleeve finished, and possibly extended.

• Pay off my debts and use the rest for decorating O's big boy room and kitting out the nursery.

Oh, and removal costs, as the prospect of moving while pregnant is enough to push me over the edge!

• Probably new kitchen and bathroom or maybe a conservatory, or towards an extension.