Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What's good about your week? Bad?

I've got the worst part of my week over with this morning, had to take my 3 year old and 2 year old to the dentist, last time I took them neither would let the dentist anywhere near and it was an extremely stressful experience.  6 months has come round quick and I've been dreading a similar experience! But both were very good and dentist was pleased with their teeth so we celebrated by going to the cake shop lol. I don't care what anyone says, bribery works in this house!!!  Things I'm looking forward to include my hair appointment tomorrow, going to a local shop launch which will include free drinks/food/massage then going for a wine after with my friend.  Then got a spa day Saturday which I'm mega excited for, it will be the 1st time since last August that I've had a day to myself and after being unwell for a few weeks I really feel like it's just what I need!

So what's everyone else up to this week?

Replies

• Hi Frankie, wow it is so quiet on this board!

That is good you got the dentist out of the way and they were both good, I can imagine it was very stressful. Sounds like you have a nice week and weekend planned enjoy!

It's really quiet for me at work at the moment so I'm struggling to get myself motivated! Out for drinks tomorrow though which I'm looking forward to and got a nice quiet weekend ahead.  Currently trying to keep my mind off the dreaded 2ww which really isn't easy!

• well done for tackling the dentist, I'm terrified of the dentist so I'm the one having to be 'brave' when they come with me as I don't want them being frightened!

no massive bads this week really,i spent ages putting the washing away yesterday only for the boys to pull all theres out the wardrobe..grr

teachers strike tomorrow which is a pain as its meant to be raining so we cant go out and do anything.

goods  we are of for a two night stay at haven on friday which will be nice, looking forward to taking the boys swimming!

almost halfway through lent...could really do with chocolate!

• Hi Lulu! Yeah it is very quiet, thought I'd come and see if anyone was still about! Oh I don't envy you with the 2ww I remember those days! Hope it's good news for you. Enjoy your drinks tomorrow and quiet weekend!

Sleepy my H is terrified of the dentist like totally phobic so it's down to me to sort the kids out as I don't want his phobia rubbing off on them! I'm glad it's out of the way now.

I feel your pain re. tidying washing away, I can spend ages cleaning one room only for the kids to be in another totally trashing it!! Housework is a thankless task when you've got little ones about.

The teachers at our local school aren't striking. Could you take them swimming or soft play or meet up with another parent for kids to play together or something?

Oooh which Haven are you going to? We've got one booked for May in South Wales, can't wait the girls are so excited!

Well done on giving up choc for Lent, I haven't given up anything lol.

• The dentist is my worst nightmare so well done for getting through that. Cake sounds deserved really!

My week is good as I'm off on Friday! Whoop! I'm desperate for a rest, work is exhausting me at the moment and I'm not sleeping well- I guess that's the bad bit then?!

• Have you got any plans for Friday Imp? Or just a well deserved rest?

• frankie- we have decided to decorate some gingerbread biscuits this morning then we will wander down to the river later to feed the ducks as it seems the rain has missed us!

we go to  seashore in great yarmouth we only booked it last friday but its nice just to get away for a couple of days, hubby said it could be for my mothers day present until I pointed out I had paid for it!

imo- enjoy your day off, hope you spend it with your feet up!