Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where to go on holiday?

Hi ladies! Any suggestions for where to go in the summer for 2 adults and an 18 month old that's not too hot or more than 4 hours on a flight from London! Any ideas?! 

Replies

• Ibiza (obviously not San Antiono) but there are some lovely areas.

• One of the Greek Islands? (I love Greek food!)  We went to Kos last year in June, weather was mostly lovely apart from a couple of days of rain, and generally not too hot, again apart from a couple of days.

We took C to Spain for his first holiday abroad at about that age.

• Portugal is really nice. Last year wé went  to Sa coma in Majorca and loved it

• We went to Salou last year with our two when they were 1 and 2.  TBH I wouldn't go back, Salou was ok, but I've been to nicer places.  This year we're going to Icmeler in Turkey, we've been lots of times and we love it.  It might just be a bit further than your 4 hours limit.

• We're going to Austria. Lots of fresh air, family friendly hotel but with a crèche and a spa for some relaxation. Nice food and hopefully good weather but not scorching. Plus short flight and transfer time

• Thanks for the replies some places I'd not considered. LM if you don't mind me asking whereabouts in Austria are you going, I think Austria would suit my H!

• We are staying in a place called seefeld at this hotel

www.inghams.co.uk/.../family-resort-alpenpark

It had good reviews. Seems well set up for families and adults and is in a good location for walking and visiting other places so we thought it might be the best compromise location for us as a family with a toddler.