Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where would you go - tomorrow!?

I want to be distracted with thoughts of lovely places, so....

If you could get up tomorrow, pack a bag and be transported anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why? Have you been there before? Who would you take with you?

Remember, this is geographical and not time travel. No going back to 'yer yoof'   Wink

Replies

• Disney world with my boys, never been before would love to go

• New York city.

Never been, but it is somewhere I have always wanted to go.

(Was actually just talking to my friend about this. I am aiming for my 40th, as my kids will be 22 and 15 by then, so old enough to look after themselves, so I won't be stressing over them.)

• I'd go to New York or Orlando and do all the attractions, these are on my list for sometime in the future.

• Somewhere in America. Its on our 'to do' list (hopefully next year).

Besides that The Maldives, its amazing, you forget the world exists when you are there.

• New Zealand - one of my best mates emigrated there and I've only seen her once in the last four years. Would love to see where she lives and catch up with her and her family.

(And then stop off in Australia on the way home to visit a couple of other friends, one of whom has newborn twins)

• Either back to New York, to Orlando (where I'm going in a month's time!) or to any tropical island. I'm keeping my options open, obviously!

• I loved NY but I'm a bit too tired for all of that. NZ sounds awesome, and then stopping off to see family in Oz.

I would love a gentle break in Italy. Never been but my son and husband both have and I'm told I'm missing out.

• Orlando, and i'd go for at least 4 weeks to see everything.  We've been loads of time, but I never get bored of it.  I'd love to do Discovery cove again and swim with the dolphins.

• If you'd asked me this earlier I wouldn't have a clue but right now after all the shouting and screaming and tears (from all three of us) I would really like to be somewhere far far away in the middle of nowhere and to ally by myself!

• Argentina, have wanted to go to brazil, Argentina and chile for years but Itl be when kids older

• Santorini, a lovely quiet beautiful Greek island.  Without children of course lol

• cherry pie

Argentina, have wanted to go to brazil, Argentina and chile for years but Itl be when kids older

The best wine comes from Chile so I've always thought it would be good to go. Not sure that's actually a valid reason... Embarrassed

• I'd love to go back to Thailand, me and H went for our Honeymoon and loved it and said if we had children we'd go back with them.. its so child/family friendly there, and so amazing,  I'd love the boys to experience it! Obviously before children we didn't realise how skint children make you haha.

• Vegas. But I don't think it'd be as much fun at 8.5months pregnant, so I'll go for Maldives, never been before, somewhere we're saving for a kid free break, I could do that at 38 weeks pregnant, floating around with a snorkel or sitting on the beach.

• Sydney, my favourite place in the whole world. Would take H and girls and one way tickets!!

• To live somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Scotland on our own homestead but just to visit - Mongolia

• Oooh Frankie I'm off to Santorini soon!

Other than that I would got to Lake Como, it's my happy place!