Forum home General Chat General chat

Why am I torturing myself

looking at houses when we aren't in a position to move????

First one I looked at was this one which I think is lovely inside and so reasonably priced Bawl

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38661130.html

Replies

• Looks lovely.

I often just look and dream.

• oooh I love that kitchen family room  and the bathroom looks amazing!  ( that could be because I have a partciularly scuzzy bathroom that is driving me bonkers!)

Looking at northern house prices makes me want to weep, it's too expensive down south!

• catarina

Looking at northern house prices makes me want to weep, it's too expensive down south!

Same here. A house like that would be about £170k around here.

SW - we're in no position to move either and whenever I look on Rightmove, I see the ideal house. It sucks.

• I feel the same about my bathroom.  I've also burnt my kitchen bench which I'm gutted about, its all I keep looking at when I walk into the kitchen.

What would that cost down south?  

• In my neck of the woods a 3 bedroomed house similar to that would go for something between about £190k to £230k depending on location.

• Judging by the prices on Rightmove at the moment, my £170k is way under!  They're similar prices to what Cedar put.

• Snow white I do that all the time when we aren't quite readdy to move, (got very upset a few weeks back as missed out on a house that could have been great for us). We are currently gearing up to get ours on the market so we can actually look seriously.

Northern prices are so much more reasonable a 3 bed semi where we are at the moment is around 170k-275k  and not all as well finished at that one. Also i have just put in the reasonable ones some areas here are silly money

• We can't afford to move either but H keeps torturing us both by looking at lovely apartments that are bigger and have 3 bedrooms Bawl

• I love looking at right move! Mostly at massively expensive houses..

• I wish we could get a house like that for that money round here SW!

• I do that when i'm bored too.  That house is lovely SW, i'd love a kitchen/diner like that.

It's bloody typical too, that now we've taken our house off the market, the houses around us are all selling, but the one we wanted is now sold and the new people have moved in.  It obviously just wasn't meant to be, we're supposed to stay where we are.

• I never look at houses far to depressing. I actually hate my house. hate hate hate it.

• Belle, what don't you like about your house?

• Everything. It's ugly, the layout is the biggest pita ever, the colour schemes, the lack of storage, just everything.

• I do this too. A similar house in our area though costs at least £300k. And that would only get you a slightly grotty one in a not-so-great area. Weep

My parents are wanting to "downsize" (from a 5-bed to a 4-bed, and they still want detached, and it has to have a garden, and parking, yet be in the centre of town... they are picky!). Their budget is much much bigger though so it's more fun searching for houses for them!

• Would you move? I haven't seen inside so I can't see what you mean. Does H like it?

• We'd love to move but a) can't afford it b) need certain criteria because of Hs work which is why it took us almost 4 years to find where we are now.

• Oh and he doesn't care, he gets up goes to work comes home goes to bed. He exists he doesn't live. Plus he's a man he doesn't care about stuff like decor.

• Yeah I get you. Why don't you make some changes in the future? Il have an invite soon please an il be nosy :-)) x

• Ah Belle i like your house so does OH, I think the layout is sociable and love your decor/new kitchen etc.  I don't  live there though and I know that your OH needs the work space etc so it's a rubbish situation if you are not happy.

I would love to move, we did look at a 4 bed in our area last year but it wasn't worth the move for the cost of moving for what we would get extra.  I would love a kitchen/family room/dining room rather than having a table in my living room, would love an un overlooked garden (and more garden if possible mine is a postage stamp) oh and one or two more bedrooms.  I will keep dreaming Laugh