Forum home General Chat General chat

You know you're getting old when...

You get excited about the sales, not at top shop but in the plant section at B&Q.

a sunny day is good, not to sunbathe, but because you can get all the washing dried in one go without it hanging around the house for days. 

add yours....

Replies

• Haha can relate to those...

You look forward to an early night!

• You think it's worth spending the extra money for the premium seats in the cinema so you can sit comfortably during the film (realise that sounds like something from that 'middle class crisis' thing!!)

You appreciate a night out ending early when it's on a school night

And I'm definitely with you on the washing! The pleasure and satisfaction I got over the Easter weekend of getting three loads out and dry in one day was immeasurable!!

• You can't wait to get your front door replaced

When your parents offer to babysit on a Friday night your first thought is an early night (to sleep Stick out tongue)

Your main consideration when buying a new car is practicality

• You regularly remember which is bin day and get them out in time

You buy birthday cards weeks before the event

You attend your smear/dental/other check-ups without too long a delay

You look ahead at what the weather is doing if you're planning on going somewhere

You don't want to get drunk because of the hangover

• You enjoy gardening (actually I don't enjoy it but I do enjoy having a tidy garden).

You open your mouth and your Mother comes out.

You consider 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep an achievement.

You get offended when the assistant on the self service checkouts looks at you and taps the 'Over 25' option when buying bottled ale.

You make involuntary noises when you stand up.

You don't drink tea/coffee after 6pm because you know if you do you won't sleep a wink.

Agree that nothing beats line dried washing, or better still when you're pegging the first wash out you realise that it is both mild with a slight wind which is ideal drying conditions, and you bung on at least one other load!

• When you get a car insurance renewal for £180 for fully comp (got mine this morning!). I remember getting my first insurance and it being close to 1k!