Forum home General Chat General chat

Teenagers birthdays?

Hi again everyone. Strange question, but some of you may of read I'm looking at getting into party bags. My other thought is do teenagers do parties and party favours. I'm getting closer to 30 but things have changed a lot since I was a teenager so I'm looking for help from parents with teenage kids (boys and girls). When I was a teenager it was all school disco in the assembly hall and boys on one side girls on the other and by home time no one had crossed the divide to ask anyone to dance. Now kids are having proms at grown up venues and wearing gowns so I'm a bit out of my depth. I call it 'going American' but I was wondering if kids over here were having sweet 16 parties or anything with token gestures for guests. I was thinking maybe gift bags or boxes with an item of jewellery or something. Any ideas or suggestions or even just shedding a bit of light on what I've got to look forward to with my girls.

Also, does anyone know what slammers are please?

Thanks in advance for any tips and answers.

Sym xx

Replies

• Hi My daughter is 13 and she and her friends tend to have sleepovers for their birthdays and give each other party bags with things in such as notebooks, gel pens, jewellery, postcards or posters of the latest heart throbs ie One Direction Twilight etc. My son is 11 and they all seem to be interested in video game characters Pokemon, Mario, Sonic, Bakugan etc Hope this helps, no idea on the Slammers! Mandi x
  • Thank you Mandi. I've just got some jewellery making items so i should have things like that available soon. That's a great help for boys. I always get stuck when it comes to things for boys.

I am still puzzled on the whole slammers craze. Lol. My OH has explained top trumps the other night. Oh, I have a lot of research to do image

I'm thinking older childrens bags might be quite good too. Do you find i difficult or time consuming to get the gifts for their friends?

Thank you Mandi, that is really helpful image x

• Hiya i think they are all really great ideas!

From what ive heard there is alot of people doing sweet 16 partys over here, Ive heard of girls useing cupcakes as invites and you can have nice tags on them with the witten invite and have there own little boxs i think its really cute a cheep if you make them your self image

And i only no slammers to be none as an alcohol shot but i could be wrong! x

• Thank you Hayleigh. I you fancy checking out my best I have so far my Facebook business page is called Best Party Bags image It seems to be going well so far (touch wood). I'm going to try and get more focused on the teen party bags after Christmas because I'm doing a few festive things at the moment and with juggling that and two kids, two cats and my OH who seems to think dirty clothes belong next to the wash basket not in it (lol) I'm rushed of my feet.

The slammers I saw were little card circle things like pogs but I didn't get what you were supposed to do with them. I'm not a fan of kids toys that you just have to collect them all and that's the only thing I would think you were supposed to do with them. It's create a generation or hoarders. Lol.

Sym xx

• Nice one idea.

I too believe that teenagers, bday should celebarte in their way, as they want to celeberate it, I am sure with this teenagers will attracted with their mum's idea.

• Finally got a properly link to my FB page. www.facebook.com/bestpartybagshull

Hope you all managet o take a look. Got some awesome Hello Kitty stuff for sale that I've made image

• As far as I know these Sweet 16 parties are an American thing. I haven't heard that the youth today does that kind of parties... but I might be wrong, I mean I'm also not a teenager anymore haha* I would just ask the teenager if he/she wants such a party and how it should be celebrated!