Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What did you all get up to this weekend?

We went to see The Producers at the theatre Friday night so A had a sleep over at Nanna and Grandad's (my parents) We just had time as a family the rest of the weekend. Walk and playing etc. 

Anyone do anything interesting? 

Replies

• Options

What did you think of the play LP?

Me, went to see a fitness instructor on Sat morning re H and I doing personal training. Didn't go that badly - I expected him to tell us we are very out of shape! Sunday was spent at the NEC - me for the hobbycrafts show and H for photography.

• Options

Tayto - The Producers was ace! I saw it a few years back with Peter Kay and it was good. This one had Jason Manford, Phil Jupitus, and Louis Spence. It was hilarious!!!!!

Well done with the personal trainer! I have been attending fitness classes 3 or 4 times a week for the past few months. Feel loads better!

• Options

I really need to get myself to the gym!

We (well S) had a birthday party on Saturday morning then we popped to the shops and had some lunch out. Sunday we just went to my parents for a bit. We were going to go to the park but it went very dark and grey so the sofa was more appealing!

A very quiet weekend however this weekend we're off to Edinburgh (any eating/drinking recommendations are welcome!) for a baby free trip so very excited about that!

• Options

LP - Nice one - they are in Oxford in June so I think I might just go!

Flossy - Enjoy Edinburgh. I've only been once - for a work trip so no food/drink recs I'm afraid!

• Options

LP - sounds like a nice weekend. I saw the Producers years and years ago in the west end and it was very funny.

tayto - well done you for getting to the gym :)

Flossy - never been to Edinburgh so can't help but H and I would love to go so look forward to hearing how you get on.

AFM my lovely friends threw me a surprise baby shower on Saturday. Not the cheesy American kind, just an excuse to get together and drink tea at a lovely farm shop restaurant near us. They did one when I was pregnant with S and I never expected it this time, I was very touched. They did have a little go at a sweepstake of weight/gender/length of labour etc. Bless my one friend who said 4hr labour, girl, 7lb something (S was 60 hours, 8lb 4...). We got a few more bits sorted for the baby too so was a very enjoyable weekend :)

• Options

My friend had an almost 8lb boy for her first and a 6lb 10 girl for her second! Both were 4 or 5 days overdue. So there is some hope Popcorn!

• Options

Just going to bath O so need to be quick but flossy I work in Edinburgh, what's your plans, where are you staying and I'll think of some suggestions!

• Options

Hi all.

Not a lot happened here this weekend. We were dog sitting so enjoyed a few walks over the park.

LP - did you like the producers?

Flossy - I LOVE Edinburgh although have only been during the fringe. Hope you have a lovely time, am very jealous!

• Options

Ooh fab MDD, I thought there were a couple of locals around! We only booked last night so have no plans!

We arrive Saturday lunchtime until Monday evening. H is going to his office for a few hours on Monday morning so I'll be on my own, think I'll do a bit of shopping and maybe find somewhere nice to have a coffee and read a magazine in peace!  We're staying on Princes st. We'd like to go for nice meal and drinks one night  then the other will probably be more casual. Any bar/ restaurant recommendations would be lovely!

• Options

We went for a nice walk and watched the rugby on Saturday and Sunday we went to a christening. It was L's first time meeting some of H's friends so that was nice.

• Options

H was away on a stag do so T and I had a rugby day on Saturday too! Sunday was cleaning and making meringues. Not very exciting!

Re Edinburgh, I went to uni there and loved it. You could try The Dome on George Street,  it's gorgeous. If you like Indian food there's a new restaurant owned by Hardeep Sing Koli called VDeep. For a proper old man's pub with a good whisky selection Bennett's bar in Tollcross is good. Lots of cocktail bars on George Street and lots of pubs on Rose street(both those are very close to Princes St). Enjoy!

• Options

Sorry late back to this!

The Dome is a good suggestion, tiger lily is also nice and I've also had good food there. There's a nice Italian called Gusto also on George street. The candy bar does some really good cocktails ( they do food too but I've never eaten there) and there's the usuals - hard rock, filling station, TGI's etc that do great burgers and good drinks!