Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Underwear / lingerie for post baby mums ..... opinions please

Hi mums,

I am thinking about creating a range of underwear / lingerie for post baby mums and just wanted some feedback or your thoughts about it. I know that this is seen as a taboo subject and not usually talked about but I feel that it is an issue that shouldn't be ignored.

I have stretch marks after the birth of my son and while I have a range of underwear, I can get a little embarrassed at times and feel the need to cover up.

As women we have to ‘learn to love’ our post baby bodies but there are times (due to our stretch marks, C-section scars etc) that, personally, I do not feel as sexy as I should. It’s more about how I feel than how I look.

I have tried various types of underwear but these don’t seem to fit right or cover where desired. So I thought I’d try to create my own range that would help to cover or mask the marks, whilst having the desired effect of me feeling sexy without looking like Bridget Jones!

I’m not saying that women should cover up but sometimes I just don’t feel confident enough to wear traditional lingerie.

What are your thoughts?

Kitty R xx