Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New products for children and families

Hi there everyone I'm a university student and I hope some of you mums can help me? I have no childrnen myself so a bit of blind  subject me! But for one of my modules I have to create a new product or services for the tourism sector and I have three ideas just wondering if you could point me in th right direction of which one is the best for you mums and dads or even a other idea that would help you when on holiday with children 

They are

Creche in airports so once you have checked in and gone through security drop your children off until you can board 

Pram hire in resort no tour operator has this available 

Baby package at hotel so you don't need to pack wipes nappies creams etc we will bundle of package of essential baby items for you ready in your room on check in

Would be so greatfull for so feedback 

Thanks ruth marchant x 

Replies

• Hi 

With the regards to a creche in an airport - no way would I drop off my kids where I don't know staff, can't check them out etc and I think kids would be upset thinking mom/ dad wouldn't come back !!! Maybe a stay and play / soft play thing would work but I want eyes on my kids ! Plus the volume of kids going thru the place would put me off too - it could be a sitting target for sickos of all description!  With parents supervision like soft play it would be more comfortable to let kids play under the safest eyes and grab a cuppa at same time !

Pram hire would work - its a pain to take on a plane but i think you may have to book one in advance so you know what sort they have and you have a safe pram to use when you arrive - guaranteed - think some places would overcharge tho ....it would have to be cheaper to hire than the baggage allowances lol

If you could choose the product range/ sizes that would be supplied then yes, however id still be tempted to use my own as my daughter has sensitive skin and can't use alot of products, i could see how this could be useful tho 

It could be open to cutting corners tho, cheap non brands replacing tried and trusted known brands etc if I am paying for the optional extra I'd want to know for sure if I asked for Huggies size 3 I'd get Huggies size 3 for eg as shopping for baby stuff in hols would be a bummer!

Hope this helps xx