Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am scared and confused

Hi all

I had a surgery to remove a lope in my uterus last November and since then my period ceased, the doctor prescribed Pregnacare for me am on the 4th day now and supposed to take it for 3 months, I am scared, could it be that something went wrong during the surgery or is it normal? Pls I need an advice on what to do

Thanks 

Replies

• I thought pregnacare was just a vitamin rather than a medicine 

• It's possible for surgery to affect your cycle but am confused as to why your Dr would prescribe you pregnacare unless they believe you pregnant.

• I agree.  As to your comment on the other page Licia About what you should take, only a Doctor should advise that.  You should get a second opinion or ask your Doctor

• KazzieM I also don't know why my doctor prescribed Pregnacare for me, please do you have any idea on what drugs I should take? Thanks a lot 

• If they were trying to regulate your cycle then they would normally look at the contraceptive pill...

• They can use a drug called provera to start your period and Clomid to help ovulation.  There are others but you need to speak to a Doctor 

• Thank you KazzieM, but I have not seen the period for 5 months now, will contraceptive pills help, please I need urgent help cos am so worried 

• Meme210: thank you very much....