Forum home General Chat General chat

I know it's abit late - but New Year Resolutions!?

Ok, ok, I know it's late but there's not a new year's resolution thread on here! Come on share....don't be afraid that publishing it in pixels to the world wide web means that you might actually have to stick to itimage Mine: 1. The age old - 'exercise more' - find my abs - I know they're under those stretch marks somewhere... 2. Get the lad's bedroom skimmed, carpeted and decorated - ready for when they're old enough to share a room without them descending into a two Stooges fisty-cuff at 3am... 3. Get out of my comfort zone and be more adventurous - I needed a fun one to make me stick to the other two image Anyone made any resolutions this year, unusual hobbies, etc?

Replies

• I have decided to take the girls out to more places this year.

Try and clear 10k of debt in the next 2 years.

Get back into my Jillian Michaels dvd.

Study my socks of to try and do well.

Do more events with me new little business to try and have an even better year than last year.

That's about it. I made more then 1 so if I give up on a few I might have a least one done by 2013. Lol image

• Wow Sym that's loads! Make's mine seem rather tame lol! Ooh what are you studying? I honestly don't know how anyone fits in studying with childcare/work so hat's off to you! What's your 'little business' I'm assuming self employed - sounds intriguing! Good luck with your resolutions and thanks for sharing image
  • The Jillian Michaels dvd is only 25 minutes long but god she makes you work. First time I did it I had to bum shuffle down the stairs the next day cos my legs didn't want to work. Lol.

I'm going into my second module called Childhood. i'm studying towards a degree in Children and Youth Studies through the OU so it's really flexible. You get set dates for assignments which are usually every 6-7 weeks but other then that it's up to you to manage your time. I don't sleep that much so I'm usually reading until 2am or writing assignments. Crazy time but after 9 months I get a few weeks off before the next module.

I've started my own FB business last year. I started off doing pre-filled party bags for kids but then I got into doing adult and kids bags for Christmas. I also sell handmade jewellery on there. I've got really into making that so that has taken over quite a bit and I'm currently trying to add more craft items so I've just got a sewing machine. I'm just making a few cushions at the moment then hopefully some nursery decorations. Made my first cross stitch book mark yesterday too. Just working on my next one ready for a charity event at the local college. I'm thinking valentine's day and students should do well with some 'love you' bookmarks. If you want to have a look here's the link image

www.facebook.com/bestpartybagshull

I've got my eldest who is 3 doing 3 x 5hour days at nursery now & the youngest is doing 2 of those days with her so that is freeing some time up hopefully. If not I think I'm going to be a bit stuck. Lol image

• Hi

My New Years Resolutions are...  were...

Excercise more and get rid of that flab (well after my baby's been born in the next couple of weeks anyway).  I'm twice the size I used to be!!!image

Stop spending so much on Ebay (fraid I've broken that one already. Must have spent at least £100 this month). image

Stop eating chocolate and biscuits at every opportunity!  That lasted about 3 days!  I'll be good when the baby's born! image

Try not to burst into tears at the slightest thing (I'm a big baby who can quite easily burst into tears at the drop of a hat and for every reason you can think of  - feeling sad, happy, angry, frustrated or just plain fed up).  That lasted 9 days.  I received a bit of bad new and hey presto it set me off again.  I'm afraid being strong is certainly not my strong point image

Achieve my ambition!  I've always wanted to write childrens stories and I've got loads of ideas but I never seem to get around to putting pen to paper.  I got a laptop for Christmas so now I've no excuse! image 

Get a hobby!  There's so many things I want to try but I never seem to have the time.  I think it's time I made time!!!

Get that back garden sorted ready for the summer!  I'm not really looking forward to that one due to my fear of anything with more than 4 legs!!!  As soon as I see something it's gloves off, inside, door shut, gardening time over!!! image

Make more of an effort to keep the house clean and tidy!  The place looks like a tornado's ripped through it most of the time!!!

Let's see if I can actually achieve any of the ones I haven't already broken!!! LOL!!!

• Wow, that's a lot of things. I think writing a book would be great. What hobbies have you thought of? I got into jewellery making and I've sold quite a bit now. It's a good one to be able to pick up and put down when you need to and doesn't cos thte earth to get started. I've just moved into sewing but I'm finding that a bit more tricky. Lol

Biscuits are inpossible to resist so don't worry image xx

• Wow Sym you're doing lots, I'm inspired/been shamed into getting off my butt and making ideas into reality! Congratulations DarkStar, if you only have a couple weeks to go I'd just enjoy the little time you have left to nap and put your feet up lol! Is this your first baby?