Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Selfish Mum

I'm a SAHM to two gorgeous young kiddies, 2 & 5. however I am struggling because I miss the fast, exciting career I used to have.

Since giving up work, I've given all I am to my children, a sacrifice I willing chose to make for their benefit, but between you and me, its left me feeling unhappy and longing for that challenge and excitement again.

Anyone else feeling me here?

Replies

• what did you used to do as a job ?

• no not selfish we all need to keep our own personalities as people. children seam to dampen that a bit , you obviously want to be known as a person and not just a mummy..

• jaz3 yeah some days are better than others....I just thought I cant be the only Mum out there that longs for that old career self...

• You're not the only one. I experienced exactly the same thing. It's only natural to feel this way as a career driven woman. It certainly doesn't make you selfish. What was it you used to do? Is there a possibility you could do something involving it from home at some point?