Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Silly question

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    My partner and daughter suffer from excema and i use fairy non-bio and comfort pure (the white one) and dont have any probs so think be ok.
  • Options
    absolutely no idea on fab conditioner thing but with my other two kids i used to wash their clothes in fairy snow (especially for babies skin) mind you they are 15 and 10 years old so quite possible that its not manufactured anymore......i'm not at the stage where i need to worry about washing powders yet
  • Options
    lol... I used fairy powder and sensitive conditioner til daniel was about 12 months old then back to normal surf, I do notice that clothes are generally softer with fairy anyway so maybe you don't need a conditioner?? I always like one though :\) & I think anyone that irons babygros are mad & must ahve time on their hands!!!!! lol :\) the only baby clothes I've ironed are ones that have motifs on them that need flattening. if you can get a good tumble dryer it stops the need for lots of ironing :\)
  • Options
    Iron babygrows??? Really???? My little boy is eight weeks old and I've not ironed anything of his at all. The way he pees through everything I can barely keep ontop of the washing let alone anything else. To be honest anything that can get away with not being ironed in this house isn't. And the list keeps growing.
  • Options
    i wash my LO clothes in fairy and i use comfort pure only cause thats already what i was using. And call me a bad mom but i never wash anything new before he wears it i just cant be bothered and he's come to no harm........ sometimes i think we can be too anal about things!!!!! oops tell a lie just remembered i washed all the beding before i used it lol
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought about fabric conditioner but comfort pure seems to be a good option after reading what you have all said. I will get on with the washing soon can't wait to see them hanging out too!!
  • Options
    Do you know what... I never even considered what to wash my babys clothes in!!! i just stuck them in the family wash with everyone elses stuff and they were washed in normal washing powder and normal fabric conditioner. Umm the "babies" are 2 and 4 years old now and they have never had any funny reactions to the powder/conditioner. Dont know if ill use anything different with this baby, i just never thought of it!

[Modified by: Toni001 on February 08, 2007 09:29 AM]
  • Options
    I am only 12 weeks (well I will be on Monday!) and I am planning on buying, then washing and ironing as soon as I feel ready to buy which will probably be when I am...ummmm... around....12 weeks and 1 hour!!!
  • Options
    i've washed, fabric conditioned (both non-bio) and ironed all clothes and sheets etc. ready. i did first time around too, and there were no problems. happy washing ladies!!!