Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

accident prone boys!

hi dawnluvsjoe

i know how you feel but!!! mine is a girl (age 3)she loves pink and plays with dolls but she should have been a boy!!!!! she is always up to no good running everywhere then falling!!
i can remember when maisy was your sons age, she triped over in my mums bedroom while running and split open her head, no long term damage just a small scar. my mum was realy upset for days.
she is still the same now, until they understand that if they do whatever they are going to do that they might get hurt they will keep on doing it. it is very dificult not to be over protective because you dont want to she kids upset
Rachelxx

Replies

• Hi dawn
    Im emma 24 with riley 2yrs 7mths and his so accident prone,i think he get that from me as i was so accident prone at that age,my poor mum was probably on the verge of a nervious breakdown,just a taster id swallowed nail varnish,washed my hair in paint stripper(left by the builders)swallowed a 2p piece and stood on the ledge of a window on the 23rd floor of a high rise building,all at the tender age of 2/3yrs.
    Riley has just done the usual chok on a malteaser,and fall over his own feet many of times.
    I do think boys are more prone to it that girls as that what makes them that tuff stuff.

Emma xx
  • hi dawn
    I do work but only thursday & friday because I need a break and adult conversation!!!
    Why don't you try palygroup or somewhere that local mums meet up just for a break!!

it sounds like our kids need crash helmets and full work!!
    Rachelxx
  • hi dawn
    you should ask your friend to meet up with you at park she might be feeling the same now that playgroup has stopped.
    Rachelxx
  • Hi Dawn

I dont work,gave up after my maternity leave ended,i did want to go back but felt i couldnt due to a discrimination case that was going on.
    I worked in a jewellerys for quite some time and our manager left,the asst manager took that leaving an asst manages possion open,i went for it but go denied it,they tryed to lack of knowledge but id run the place with another sales asst and practly run the place,cashing up,doing the books ect,but couldnt prove a thing,then got another temp manager as the other had left and he decided to tell me i was stupid for getting married at 19yrs but have now been married 5yrs in a few weeks,his marriage broke down after 1yrs(i think i was doing better)and then the big one,he started on me for being pregnant at 22.Told me i was stupid and wasted my life,after giving him a piece of my mind i also informed him that i was dam lucky to be carring my baby atall due to medical jargon.Then took the case to headoffice and they just demoted him,by this time i was on maternity leave and didnt want anymore hassle,so got the money owed to me then left.
    For a supposed reputable jewellers they are crap at looking after so called valued members of staff.

Anyway enough rambling,i take riley to creche every thursday and he stays there for 2hrs which gives me my me time and every other month i have an ann summers party with the girls so we don loose touch,but i do go out with friends for coffee in town.
    Other than that when the weathers bad to go out i meet up with my cousin and her kids and go to adventure land(great)

Emma xx