Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Potty training arrgh!

2»

Replies

• Hello
    Had brilliant day today with Ethans potty training! We went to our local country park and as it was out doors i decided to take him in pants he was so good that he ended up wearing them all day and we even went round tescos!! He only had 1 accident at home so ive decided to go for it and try to take him everywhere in pants from now on! How are things going for you? x
  • Hi All
    How are your little monkeys getting on with the potty traing! I think we are actually there now (has taken over 5 weeks)! and since monday we have been very brave and have been going everywhere in pants! Yesterday he didn't have a single accident but today he weed in Boots!! Big breakthrough on monday when he said he needed a pooh and promptly went to the toilet on his own and did it! He even washed his hands afterwards!! I still go out with about 10 pants and 4 or 5 trousers though! Hope your all well x
  • hi Gracey he's still doing really well thanks i just need to sort my hubby out now he insists on putting Ethan in pull ups each time he takes him out and shoves a nappy on him as soon as he's tired arrghhh!!!
  • I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of when's best to try to potty train a little girl.

My son was just over three before he was ready but that's partly because he was so poorly between two and a half and three it would of been unfair to have attempted it. However, Charlotte will bring me a nappy if she needs a change something Jack never did. She's not talking properly yet just in her own little way, so letting me know she needs to go could be interesting. I don't know if she's ready, nearly ready or if it's too early to think about it.

Zoe x
  • Hi zoe
    Ethan showed an interest from about charlottes age but we have only done it in the last month. Why don't you encourage charlotte to sit on the potty at each nappy change if she's happy to sit on it and can manage some wees then it's probably time to start. This is what we did with ethan and it was a good start.
  • Thanks Tasha I've still got Jacks potty I'll give it a go. I know she'll let me know if she's not happy. I might even get Jack to show her what to do. It's worth a try. Zoe x
  • Potty training went so badly today i could cry!! We went to tos and Ethan wet himself twice and then poohed all in half an hour i'd only take 3pairs of trousers so i had to put a nappy under his last wet pair and take him to the shop to buy new clothes!!! I thonk it's because he woke up very early today so is too tired to care. Oh well there's always tomorrow! x