Forum home General Chat General chat

Anyone just want a chat?

Replies

• Hi Caroline,

I thought shift working was bad enough but I don't think I could be without James for that length of time. I suppose you must get use to it, but like Simone said if you get lonely come on here there is always someone on for you to have a chat with.

Take care, Zoe x
  • What a good girl i am!! I've peeled the veg and potatoes ready for tomorrow so i can have a lazy morning. Not sure if there is any one else still on, but if there is hope you've enjoyed chatting tonight.

Zoe x
  • I have to tell you what happened to katelin yesterday. We went to a soft play world,where we go every friday, and I put her in the under 4's area.
    There were 4 little boys all about 5 playing in there and 1 of them ran past Katelin and shoved her on purpose, and thought it was really funny. She had just got to her feet when his friend thought he'd have a go.
    It was all I could do to stop myself from pushing them over.
    I shouted at them and half expected their mothers to come over to see what the fuss was, but they were far too busy chatting over their coffees.
    I took Aaron there weekly till he started school but can honestly say I never took my eyes off him and would never have let him play in the baby area.
    I have got that off my chest now. Thanks!!!!
  • I hate that, i think if you take your child somewhere you should be keeping an eye on them not taking more interest in your coffee and gossiping about a mum at the school gates that morning!! I don't blame you for saying something, infact if that had been me I would have struggled not to say something to the mum's as well. Are the boys asleep yet or is that a daft question?
  • Aaron is but Daniel and his friend are still up playing FIFA 08. They are pretty quiet though. They both have football in the morning and my husband is managing the team as the regular manager is working, so tomorrow will be interesting.
    You are very good getting all your veg done for tomorrow.
    I hav'nt even bought it yet.
  • I cant believe its 9 years ago today that I gave birth to my first born!
    It was pretty horrendous. 36 hours. Extended episiotomy, needed a blood transfusion( I refused) 6 weeks before I could walk without pidgeon steps.
    And I went on to have a 2nd and 3rd!!!!mad
    In contrast though, Aarons birth was also assissted (but by ventouse, daniels was forceps)But only 7 hours and Katelin nearly fell out after 5 hours of labour and 2 mins of pushing.
    What were Jack and Charlottes births like?
  • You'll regret asking that one!!

Jack had to be induced as there was no sign of him wanting to arrive. It took two attempts with the gel before things started to happen but it was very slow. They must have threatened a C section at least three times but i managed to have him naturally although was ventouse assisted. His heart rate dropped 'dangerously' on two occaisions and so they actually put prongs on his head while he was still inside me to monitor him. When the time came we had so many people in with us and they even had the resus unit in. As soon as Jack was born I got a 10 second cuddle while they cut the cord then he was taken off me. Luckily he was ok and given a clean bill of health but it was a very scary experience and one I wouldn't want to repeat. From start to finish it was probably about 22 hours.

Charlotte was completely different although still about 22 hours. I had trouble at the end as I had an episiotomy with Jack and my scar tissue wasn't stretching, the midwife was preparing the scalpol so i gave one really big push and she came out but i still needed stitches as i tore!!
  • Thanks for your support girls. Today I have to take Gareth to the station and see him off!

Had a bit of a panic yesterday as I had a C section 3 weeks ago and can't drive. The nearest railway station is 45 mins away. The local bus service is non-existant. I have had to ring round people trying to get us a left, talk about soul destroying. I am really independant and love driving so having to beg people for a lift when i am emotional anyway left me feeling drained and frustrated. I finally got it sorted at 9 last night, what a stress!

Hope you haven;t got sore heads from your wine!!!!
    Caroline
  • Zoe,
    Jacks sounds similar to daniels. Apart from the prongs.
    Were they big babies?

Caroline, Cant believe you even had to ask. Someone should have volunteered to take you all to the station.
  • Hi Caroline
    Hope you are feeling ok today, i can't believe no one offered a lift either. Did he get of alright. It may seem like forever but the time will fly by. What did you call your baby.
  • Hi girls,

My heads ok this morning was yours?

Lucyanne, Jack was 7lbs 2oz and Charl was 6lbs 15oz so nice weights. What about your three how heavy were they at birth?

Thanks to all of you for chatting last night it made the time go quickly.

Take care, Zoe x
  • Hi Girls
    Thanks for your support,
    Hi Simone. Gareth has caught his train and is on his way to Heathrow. I am gutted that I had to ring round trying to get a lift. Got a text from my best mate who lives 1 1/2 hours away this morning and told her about the lift situation. She made me cry when I got a response saying that I should have let her know and she would have come over! Now that is a real friend!!!

My baby is called Bronwyn Tabitha. She is 3 weeks and 3 days old. She weighed 11lb and 12.5oz, which is huge compared to the weights of your babies Zoe! I had to have a C section as we were expecting a 12lb 10oz baby according to a scan! She is currently outgrowing the majority of 0-3 clothes!!!! She is going through a clingy phase at the minute.

Got my mum staying with me from tomorrow until thursday and then I am going to stay with my parents so I probably won't be online for a few days!!! I have to go and introduce my bundle of joy to friends and family!!

Bye for now
    Caroline
    xx
  • Hi Zoe,
    They were good weights then.

Mine were whoppers.
    Daniel 8lb 3oz 4 days late
    Aaron 8lb 10oz 6 days late
    Katelin 7lb 13oz 5 days late

I went from 7st 7lb to 13st with Daniel
  • You think yours were whoppers lucyanne? I was 1 day late with Brwonwyn and she weighed in at 11lb 12.5oz. I was huge, but after 3 weeks only have 4lb to lose to reach pre-baby weight. I was all water and baby!!! But i was measuring 48 weeks before I gave birth and now have a very saggy belly!!!! But I have a bundle of joy so I don't care!!!!

Caroline
  • oops mega typo! BRONWYN!!!!!!!
  • Wow,
    Thats making my eyes water.
    But well done for loosing all your weight in 3 weeks. A task only reached by the likes of posh spice.
    I never lost all my weight after my first. I put on 5.1/2 stone but only ever managed to loose 4 stone. Though I was a weedy waife before so putting on weight was what I needed really.
    Lost all my baby weight this time but it took a year.

Did your fiance get off ok?
    Hope the time passes quick for you until he comes home again and with a newborn it probably will.
    We are here when you need to chat.
    Take care
    Lucyanne xxx
  • Hi guys,
    gutted I missed your chat last night. Had my sister in law and her hubby round for dinner (takeaway actually, he's so fussy about food, so we usually go for takeaway when they come over), so only came on to do a post and brother in law did my lilypie piccies for me.
    Hope you all enjoyed your evenings.
    Speak soon,
    Kas xx

Lucyanne,
    hope the sleepover went ok, we've got all that to look forward to Im sure.
  • Hi Caroline,
    Glad Gareth got of ok and you are going to be busy, to keep your mind of it. What a lovely name, where did it come from.
    I though Jessica was big 9lb7oz! I don't think i could manage a bigger baby than her, she got shoulder distotia and had to be pulled out, which made me tear!
    I hope you have a nice time with you mum
    Chat soon

Simone x x
  • Well done Boo, I take my hat off to you! I had to have stitches with both of mine and you've seen how little they weighed compared to 9lb 2oz. Go girl!!
  • I think you all done really well having big babies. I only had littlies, Niamh 6lb 10oz and Tara 6lb 4oz.
    Kas xx