Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mothercare

Hi Girls,
Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Yesterday I took Bronwyn to sample the delights of Meadowhall. For those of you who have never heard of it, its a huge shopping centre. Anyway, we started with Bronwyn in her pram and after lunch put her into her car seat on the chassis as it took up less room as meadowhall was getting busy. We went to Mothercare with the car seat, mothercare being a family / baby store you would expect it to be accessible with a buggy. NO!!!!! There was little room between the isles and displays and boxes of stuff between isles, and toys on the floor!!!! In the end we left emptyhanded as we couldn't get to anything!!!!! What a nightmare!

Had a great time shopping though. I have now done the majority of my Christmas shopping, 3 for 2 in Boots and M&S - FANTASTIC!!!!! Just got parents and grandparents to buy for now!!!!!!
Oh, and I have about 35 Christmas cards to make! Better get started!

Replies

• I hate shops that don't make enough room for buggys and wheelchairs!
    I ended up buying a stroller as i couldn't get around town very well with her three wheeler!
  • grr, ud think being a mothercare theyd actually think! oh mums will be using this shop, and mums usually have pushchairs pmsl!

stupid store
  • Hi Caroline. I hope that your experience was a rare one, I have not had problems most Mothercare stores, I use three branches, one being a Mothercare World that is huge and has plenty of room and a lift to the upper floor in a tree, if that makes any sense. However, my local store is a bit of a nightmare, small, pokey and with an upper floor inaccessible if you have a buggy as there is no lift, just narrow, steep stairs. They have just moved the maternity wear up there and I can't shop there anymore, I just don't get the chance to get out without Bon and the shops are just too far to walk with him yet. Leaving the buggy downstairs is just not an option if I want to keep it... There was a branch of Whittards that I just could not get around because of the floor displays, I had to leave the shop, go around to the doors on the other side and re-enter to get what I wanted and do it again to get to the till.
  • My sisters local Mothercare World has a lift in a tree, in Croydon.
    My son thought it was great.
  • This Mothercare is usually good. Having said that, I've never been in with a pram before!!
  • The Adams by us was the worst, the childrens clothes were downstairs but baby was upstairs and they had no lift!!
    It's now closed down!!!!!
  • My local Adams has closed down too. I am amazed that with he disbaility act which means places have to be accessible to wheelchair users that we still can't get round shops with a buggy or pram! Obviously designed by men who have no idea!
  • Or by women who never had kids...