Forum home General Chat General chat

Hello Tasha and Simone!!

Hello

How are you both?

Replies

• Hi Dawn
    We are all fine, Jessica has changed her sleep pattern this week! have put it under the sleep post.

How are you and Cameron!
  • Hiya Dawn

I'm fine thanks how are you?

I've been potty training Ethan (for the second time first was unsuccesful) this week and i actually think he may have cracked it he's been dry for 2 days!!

Ambers recovering from the latest reaction but is still a bit miserable! She's still developing well though (thank god) and 2 nights ago stood up for a couple of seconds!

i've been busy today making sugarcraft flowers as i'm doing a course and i'm really quite pleased with myself!

What have you been up to? xxx
  • Hi Simone

We're good thanks!!
    The change in sleep pattern sounds good, hope it lasts for you!!

I'm going shopping with my sister on Sunday to get the last few bits for Christmas, Cameron's staying at home with daddy so i'm looking forward to a nice girly day!!

Are you all organised for Christmas?
  • Hi all, hope you are still there. It's mad here, but then that's my house for you!!
  • Im no where near organised for christmas, it will be a mad rush like always.
    I hope you have fun on your girlie shopping trip, its so much easier without a buggy.xx

Tasha- Well done Ethan, fingers crossed that he keeps up the good work.
    Im glad Amber seems a bit better, did you manage to get hold of the dietician!
    You will have to take some pictures of your flowers and post them on here xx
  • Hi Tasha

Well done to Ethan, sounds like he's doing really well with the potty training!!
    I can't believe Amber's standing already, they really do develop so quickly!! Cameron's enjoying being able to roll around the room,and this week he's mastered the art of sitting without toppling over.
    Have they any idea why Amber's showing signs of a reaction to pear and have they given you an idea of what to try next?
  • Hi Zoe

Our house has been surprisingly calm today, maybe i should be worried!!!!

How are you?
  • Hi Dawn,

We are all good thanks. How are you and Cameron?

I saw you said you don't think you would be able to make it to the show. That's a shame but I understand.

Charlotte has bee on the go all day, she's had a half hour nap and she's still awake running round like a luney!!!
  • I think ambers standing may have been a fluke! I wasn't even there i was on my flower course!!

I will take some pics of the flowers if they're anywhere near respectable enough to show you all!

well done cameron for sitting up!!
  • Right girls i'm off!!!
    John's prancing around behind me desperate to get on the computer, i suppose i have been on for a while!!

I'll need to have a chat with him about the baby show because i really would like to come, but it is a bit far to travel alone.

Take care xx
  • I spoke to the dietician the other day and it was a complete waste of time! Thhe test results were all inconclusive so she decided i'm to wait a week then put Amber back onto babyrice. She did however say in her opinion it'snot intollerances but a possible problem with ambers small intestine. i have felt it was something like this formonths so i'm now trying to get hold of the consultant to nag her to get this sorted!

There's no way i'm going to feed her babyrice when i'm pretty sure it would make her ill

Sorry for the essay! xx
  • For god sake you must feel like you are hitting your head against a brick wall! i don't blame you for not giving her the babyrice as you know it will make her ill if pear has!

I just really pray that it will be something that she grows out off.xx
  • Oh Tasha,

I don't blame you for letting off steam. It must be times like this you wonder wether your coming or going.

Thinking of you.

Zoe xx
  • Thanks both of you
    i am finding it tough and am SOOO frustrated, doctors and hv's don't seem to realise how bad it is that Amber can't eat and how every day i have to struggle with her desperately trying to grab food off people or even licking the floor! I'm just so worried this may go on a year+ with her still not eating.
  • You are doing all you can and she is a happy baby and gaining weight xx
  • Simone's right.
    Hang in there Tasha
  • Hi Tasha. I didn't realise what problems you were having with Amber's diet, or lack of it. Have you had a referal to the hospital to see a paediatrician? It certainly sounds like you need some serious help with her. Another opinion may be useful, as the dietician was useless for you. If you have already done this, sorry. Bon had eating issues, nothing like this, but he was put onto high energy SMA which is prescription only and was on supplements, iron and Abidec which is a multi vit in liquid form. That one you can get from the chemist if you think Amber needs more nutrients.
  • Thanks Nicolette,

We've been seeing a peadiatrician for about 2 months and until now we've been very happy with how it was going, the dietician has even come to our peadiatrician appointments so that they could jointly discuss what to do.

However we now feel that they are stumped as to what to do and therefore have just left us in limbo, they are also too focused on finding 1 food that she can eat rather than thinking about the cause or cure.

I've been pushing for some vitamins/supplements for amber and the dietician has said she'll discuss it with peadiatrician and will probably give her iron tablets so that's a start.

I'm going to try nagging and being tough with them but if we don't get anywhere we will seek a second opinion. We're so desperatewe're thinknig of going private. Sorry to waffle on again!
    I hope you're well x
  • Hi Tasha. I'm fine, pretty good day for no particular reason other than my hormones allowed it!

You do sound worried so go and check out Abidec at your local chemist, it is over the counter and is perfectly safe to give without medical supervision. If that isn't available, I did have trouble getting hold of it at one point, there is an alternative. But beware, it is bright orange and smells horrid!
  • Hi Tasha
    I think you're quite right to be concerned about putting Amber back on to baby rice, after all you're the one who has to be there when she starts to feel poorly.
    All i can suggest is you keep nagging them and hopefully they'll get so sick of you phoning that they'll do something about it.

I really hope you start to get some answers soon.
    Dawn x