Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Moderators informed

Just thought i'd let you know I've contacted the moderators about all of these freebie posts. They are getting too requent and none of us are interested in them and like someone said we don't want newbies getting sucked in to them.

Will have to wait and see what happens.

Hope you are all ok.

Zoe xx

Replies

• Well done Zoe, they are becoming a pain!
  • Well done Zoe!!!!
  • Good on you Zoe! xx
  • Go Zoe!!! I think shimmergirl is doing it too with those " oooh great dvd out girls" and "oooh the bunnies are coming"
    Well stuff the bunnies, our little angels watch in the night garden.
  • I think you might be right about shimmergirl, i did wonder myself although i thought i was just getting a bit cynical in my old age!!!!
  • No one is going to write that eloquently and in such depth about a TV programme unless there was something in it for them. Looked straight out of the Disney marketing department to me.

Hope the moderators do something, we don't come on here to be bombarded with marketing spiel, just to chat.
  • Hi Girls ,

I haven't heard anything back yet. If anymore come on I might just email pp itself to let them know. Anyway, thought i'd just update you all.

Hope everyone is well today and looking forward to the weekend.

Take care, Zoe xx
  • I decided to send PP an email today informing them of what is going on. I'm a woman on a mission!!
  • Zoe, remind me never to cross swords with you....hehehe
  • well done Zoe, you sort those 'trolls' out!!!!
  • True Newbies have got something to say or ask, whereas the 'trolls' put something, then their advert and you never hear from them again. I'm sure we wouldn't put a true newbie off, especially if they have been reading our posts. They will know we are a friendly bunch, we just don't have time for BIG HAIRY BRIANS!!
  • I was thinking about this whole issue, promoting things on here. I wouldn't mind someone coming on asking us to have a look at a new business selling something different, by mums for mums, that kind of thing, but there is a big difference between someone doing that and Disney taking the mick with the kind of marketing budgets they have, and these freebie sites that don't seem to have anyone's best interests at heart other than their own.
  • Actually, i think shimmergirl works for ITV or something similar!
  • Yes I agree. We will be prepared for her next one though.
  • Well, that's fine, we never watch ITV kids programmes! I've seen this bunny thing advertised on one of the Disney kids channels on Sky but I'm not sure which one, they have so many.
  • Jack saw five minutes of it and said it was rubbish!
  • Well said Boo.
  • Well done Zoe,
    And well said everyone else. I agree totally. I hate looking at a post that looks interesting, only to find out its yet another troll.
    Im really tempted to look at other forums just to see how many they get on there and what the reaction is by others.
  • You hit the nail on the head, Boo. HONEST. These freebie sites advertise on here in such a dishonest way, trying to make us believe that it is a real woman who has just become pregnant who only surfs the net on a Wednesday telling us how great they are.