Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So proud.

Hi,

I just wanted to share with you all the reason for my son getting a certificate in his school assembly today.

A couple of weeks ago he had to get sponsership money for planting a flower bulb at school to raise money for a chariety. The whole school raised just over £400, but Jack and three others from the reception class raised the most money individually and between them they raised £150 of the schools total!!

I thought that was worthy of recognition from the Head.

Zoe xx

Replies

• Options
    Wow, that was fantastic Zoe,
    well done Jack.
    He must be so excited!
    Did he expect a treat?

Thats really good news.

Well done again
    KAS XX
  • Options
    Wow - that's absolutely fantastic!!!!

Well done to them!! It's good that the school recognised their achievement and rewarded it.
    I bet he'll be feeling really pleased with himself and rightly so!!
  • Options
    Thanks you two. I think it is great that the children are rewarded for the good things they do, it encourages that sort of behaviour then.

I expect Jack will be expecting something when he comes home from school, I hope he is happy with homemade cakes!!!!

Zoe xx
  • Options
    Well done jack.
    Zoe, do you think you have a budding businessman in your house?
    We will see him on dragons den in the future,( as one of the dragons of course).
    Homemade cakes sound perfect to me!
  • Options
    Who knows? They way he is developing he will be a racing driver/fundraiser/bookworm!!
  • Options
    Thats good... Aaron is going to be a power ranger when he grows up, he says
  • Options
    Ahh that's so sweet.

Two nights ago Jack was watching repeats of Dr Who with me and he went around the house being a cyber man!!!!
  • Options
    They are funny are'nt they.
    Is Jacks school doing a nativity play?
    He'd make a great joseph
  • Options
    They are doing a Christmas play but not sure if it's traditional or not. It's on the 11th and I can't wait. I will probably cry at that.

Will Aaron be performing?
  • Options
    He's in the play but unfortunately he is following my footsteps and is a villager in the background.
    Daniel would have been a good joseph but he was a wise man
  • Options
    Well done Jack!!
    Enjoy the cakes! Yummy!!!!
  • Options
    Hi Zoe, that is really great, what an achievement for Jack to out-do the rest of the school! It is good of the school to recognise what he did. Does he know you are so proud that you've told all of us?
  • Options
    Hi Nicolette,

He thinks i am silly. I was jumping up and down when i found out telling him I was so proud of him and he looked at me and said,"mummy can you stop that please."! I've told him i've told everyone I know and he screws his face up and shakes it, not sure what that response is supposed to mean!
  • Options
    Well done Jack, i would be very proud too.xx