Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

4D scan tomorrow

I'm having a 4D scan tomorrow. Not sure what to expect and I am a little nervous as well as excited to spend some more time looking at my baby. I am really hoping that the NHS sonographer didn't get it wrong and it is really a girl, and also anxious that nothing horrible shows up. I wasn't so nervous with Bon, I think with a first you are all rose coloured spectacles and subsequent pregnancies you are far more aware of what can go wrong. And I am still scared that I will go into premature labour again. I keep checking for shows whenever I have a twinge.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Replies

• Options
    Good luck tomorrow Nicolette. Dont be nervous, just enjoy it.
    Those scans are supposed to be fantastic.
    Have fun.
    Kas xx
  • Options
    I agree with Kas, please try not to be nervous if things were fine at your 20week scan then i'm sure all will be well today.

I so wanted one of those scans but i couldn't really afford it! I hope you really enjoy it and get some amazing photos, make sure you tell us all about it! xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Nicolette,

That sounds fab. I didn't realise you knew you are having a girl. Have you a name sorted and lots of pink at the ready?

Try and enjoy the remaining weeks of your pregnancy. If you are relaxed and not stressing out you won't increase your blood pressure!!!

Let us know how the scan goes, and if you are definately carrying a girl.

Take care, Zoe xx
  • Options
    Good luck with your scan. Hope its enjoyable.
  • Options
    Good luck with your scan, i bet it will be amazing xx
  • Options
    Hi Nicolette,
    so, how did the scan go?
    Hope you had a lovely day
    Kas xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your kind comments. The scan went really well and was utterly amazing. It is definitely a girl, the sonographer had the time to show us what they look for and to point it out at different angles and there is no doubt now, hoorah! I can splurge on pink!! She is, also, perfectly well and doing everything she should and has two of everything she should and her heart is beating well.

The images are a bit weird and they take a little getting used to as they are bumpy and my little boy decided that the baby in mummy's tummy is a monster! When she moved the ultrasound started to look at depeer 'slices' and showed bones and empty black spaces which did look strange! What I found the most fascinating, other than the GE software being created by Pixar, was that she was moving for most of the time, little movements mostly, yawns, pursing her lips, and I only felt around 10% of them. She was cuddling the placenta and 'kissing' it.

It was not exactly cheap, two hundred pounds but it was a planned Xmas pressie for us both and I think it was worth it to have those amazing pictures, we got around 18 stills, a CD of the photos and a 20 min DVD of the scans, and for the reassurance. The sonographer was a bit OTT, constantly saying what a beautiful baby it was, but she did ask if she could use one or two of the images in a book or on the wall. And it was better than the conveyor belt that the NHS is turning into. I can highly reccomend it.
  • Options
    It sounds lovely. You can decide on a name to wear the pink now as well.

Something for you all to look back on in the future.

Take care.

Zoe xx
  • Options
    It sounds really lovely i'm so glad it went so well!
    Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy with the fantastic reasurance xxxxx
  • Options
    glad it went well,have you decided on a name yet.