Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chat this evening?

Replies

• Hello Dawn
    How are you? have you had a good weekend so far? ours has been nice and i'm really beginning to feel christmassy!!
  • Hi Dawn
    Glad you can join in for a while, hope you have had a good day
  • Wow Lucyanne, only 100 posts to go and you'll hit the big 1000.
  • Mum2 4 chalkes.
    I am full of pp so she thought she would ask your advice re poppy's toungue op. I did say I would ask everyone for her but she wanted to do it herself.
  • I'm fine thanks.

Glad Jack's feeling a bit better.
    Cameron's still really unsettled, he went to bed at half 6 and he's been awake twice already so i think we could be in for a bad night again.

I'm going to pour myself a very large glass of wine, i think my pressie wrapping will have to wait until tomorrow.
  • Oh right, yes I replied to her. How is Poppy recovering?
  • Oh wow lucyanne thats great that she's your friend and you know little Poppy! Do you think she'll come back to chat?!
  • She is your friend, how is poppy,it must have been so hard for her mum
  • I will wrap mine when the boys are at school. only have 2 and a half days.!!!!
    Hope he settles for you tonight Dawn?
    Is he poorly?
  • Poppy is fine after her op but is full of cold. Emma got herself in a bit of a state as the appointment was really sudden as she had been given the impression that it would be months.
    She's making all sorts of new sounds and can lick her bottom lip
  • He's had a touch of the cold, but nothing too bad.
    Thought he might be teething, but he's absolutely fine during the day so i'm not convinced it's that either.

To be honest i'm at a bit of a loss, he's absolutely shattered and goes to bed ok, he just keeps waking up.
  • Not sure if she will chat like we do. Think she may just pop on for advice as and when
  • Oh poor little man. is he cold?
    sorry to ask silly questions but you never know.
  • Hi Dawn
    Jessica is like that at the moment, not sure if its a cold, teething, injections or hunger, but she has been waking up in the night all week, but is fine in the day!
  • Our house is absolutely freezing so there's every possibility he could be.

Tonight he's wearing a long sleeved vest, pyjama bottoms, socks, a fleecy sleepsuit and he's in a 2.5tog sleeping bag. I've been and checked him and he feels ok, but i think before we go to bed i'll check him again and i might pop a blanket over him too.

Does anybody know if you can get mitts for bigger babies, his hands are always cold and the hv suggested putting them on him, but i can't find any big enough anywhere.
  • Are these babies wanting their own chat room , d'you think?
  • I've just been into his room, and it's 14 degrees.
    I don't want him to get to hot, although i don't think there's much chance of that.

Any advice as to how many layers he should be wearing when it's that cold.
  • why not try using socks over his hands instead then, or use gloves? (Saw a baby in hospital with socks on his hands as he puked all over his mits)
  • Dawn, have you tried the usual places Mothercare, etc?