Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chat this evening?

Replies

• That's a good idea using socks. Thinking about it i know someone who uses socks on cold days as they go up the arm and are difficult for them to pull off.
  • I'll try some socks tonight and see if that helps, like you say Zoe they'll go quite far up his arm so he'll struggle to pull them off.

Mothercare only do mitts in one size and they're far to small.

How many layers does a sleeping bag count as, is it meant to be the equivalent of 2 blankets?
  • yes I think so
  • Hi sorry i've been missing the chat Gillan nicked the computer desperately looking for ideas for his parents present i've stubbornly left there's down to him this year and guess what? it's not got done!!!!!!
  • A 2.5 tog i think is two blankets, yes.
  • Oh dear, has he managed to find them something?
  • Dawn, just a thought for tomorrow, have you got a hot water bottle you can put inhis bed before he goes to bed so it's nice and warm for him to get into?
  • No he hasn't!!!! And i refuse to worry about it this year! Every year i do his parents and 3 sisters so this year i'm on strike!!!
  • Good idea Zoe, i'll try that tomorrow night.

So i'm ok to put a blanket over his sleeping bag then and if he wakes up i can add another.

Imagine how cold his room will be once we really get into the winter, i'll have to send him to bed in a snowsuit!!!!
  • Good idea Zoe
  • Well done Tasha, i always make tony do his parents as i have enough to do!
  • could you put a heater in his room?
  • Quite right tasha!!!!

John asked me yesterday what we were getting for Lee(Camerons half brother), i told him WE had already bought his present and wrapped it. It's the same every year, he's John's son yet i end up buying his presents, writing the cards, etc.
  • ooh toys are us are doing 3 for 2 on board games for those that love tradition.
  • We bought an oil filled heater for his room, it's on all day and i think the timer's set to go off at 11pm and then it comes back on a couple of times during the night. So his room's 14 degrees with the heater on, i told you this house is freezing!!!!!!!!
  • Ethan had his christmas present from his godmother last night which was hungry hippos!! He loves it so we'll definately start a tadition of games every christmas!
  • Hi Dawn,

Yes you'll be ok for that. That could be why he sleeps with you as when he gets into your warm bed he's ok.

If you have a bad night, try the hot water bottle, it can't do any harm.

Good luck with it all.
  • Im going to logg of in a min!
    Hope you all have a good night and a lovely Sunday

Chat tomorrow xx
  • I want to get connect 4
    operation
    and cant think of a 3rd