Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Doing anything exciting at the weekend?

Hi Boo!

Tomorrow we'll be popping to my in laws as we need help from my mil to make a ring cushion for when ethans a paigeboy next week! Tomorrow night we're going to a 40th birthday party which i'm looking forward to as i think Ethan will love the disco!!

Sunday we're going to church so Ethan can get used to it before the big day! Then i'll be cleaning the house as i have some special visitors coming on monday!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! xxx

Replies

• I'll be doing my football widow bit on Saturday but Sunday we are going to the Natural History Museum as Bon has been asking to go for days now. We saw 'Night At The Museum' not long ago and he now thinks that all museums have T-Rexs in them. It should be fun, but I twisted my ankle today, it is really swollen and I am hobbling around so I hope I am able to walk come Sunday!
  • We don't have anything planned for this weekend. Ian will be out changing engines in the cars tomorrow so I may go out for a walk with Hollie or something.

Sunday we propably won't do much either.

But next weekend is Ian's birthday on the saturday so we will do something, and sunday my mam is cooking him a meal so we will be down my parents. Yey that means Ian can look after Hollie and i can jump on my sisters trampoline.
  • Nothing too exciting for us either. I've put Charlottes bed up on my own this afternoon....quietly chuffed with myself for doing it.....We need to look for some furniture for her room now, also still need to get Curtains and Light shade so probably just doing that...Oh and trying to get some sleep too!!
  • I will be learning to drive our new van - which means it'll probably take all weekend as it's HUGE! We needed something bigger for our business so today swapped our zafira for a 5 seater Vivaro! I was so scared driving it for the first time, but the kids think it's great!!
  • I have work this weekend so it is very boring!

Good luck with learning to drive the van Emj, i would be nervous to, but i bet it will be fine.
  • I was very nervous to begin with and have flatly refused to reverse it into our drive! All our neighbours think it's hilarious though and came out to watch me park it outside the house - i stalled!! Don't think the heels help - might have to get some 'driving shoes!' x
  • Thats so funny, if it was me i would not reverse either, as i can hardly do it in my own car!
  • Will let you all know when I have managed to reverse it, tried to reverse earlier but accidently went into 1st gear!! Think it's a good job that we have fully comp insurance!
  • Well, big development on the van front, took it to work today, drove on the motorway and felt like queen of the road!! Really loving it now! (not enough to reverse onto driveway though!)
    I might be able to drive a big van, but i'm absolutely no good at any part of DIY, especially flat pack!!
    Hope you are all having a good weekend, anyone doing anything exciting?
    (actually, I think an evening of the kids going to bed on time counts as exciting!!)
    x
  • A swimming party! He is so excited!! We are having it on the 10th rather than his birthday on the 5th as it's my Dad's 60th birthday party on the 3rd so we wnted to do it a bit later! We are also having a couple of his friends round for birthday cake on the big day. He has finally decided that he wants a Lazy town cake! Where on earth do I get one of those?!!
    Are you doing anything for Ethans?
  • Tescos may well do a lazytown cake, they tend to do all the popular characters, ethan will be very impressed when he sees it!
    I've decided to make cakes for both of mine this year, i saw great cake moulds today including thomas the tank so i should think that'll be what ethan chooses!!!!
  • Tasha, I have found an amazing cake mould for a train! I love it and want it. Not that I have anyone that will appreciate this just yet!!! Its a bit expensive but looks amazing!!

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/kitchenideas/baking!11521
  • Oooh Caroline that's fantastic!!!

I'm afraid the one's i've seen are pretty much flat but are only £2 to hire for 3 days so are affordable! I'm getting a number 1 for Amber and i'm going to compltely cover it in sugar flowers!!!!
  • I was asked to choose from 3 sugar craft toppers for Bronwyn's christening cake today. They are all fab! I will try and take a photo tomorrow in daylight to show you!

We are making Dora buns with Aimee tomorrow!!!
  • How are the christening plans going??!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend with your parents and little Aimee!!!
  • Hi ya,
    When are you getting her christened!
    Hope all is going well.
    My mum is having the kids for a few days as adi goes into hospital monday for his back op.He may have to stay overnight and mum said she take the kids so i get a break and rest and prepare for adi coming home.Not much else so with any luck when his home and sleeping i will pop on.
  • Christening is all under control! The cakes are ordered, the pub is booked and decorations ordered, buffet is ordered. Just got invites to write and post and I also need to print off directions for people who are travelling up. I also need to get a dress for Bronwyn and lose some weight and get a nice outfit for myself!

Having a good weekend thanks. Not doing much but its nice to see people and chill out!!! How's your weekend going??
  • Hi
    The Christening is on Sunday March 9th at midday! I can't wait as we have people I'v not seen for ages and it will be the first time in ages that Gareth's family are together. Plus, There are loads of them that I've not met yet!

What is Adi having done? I hope you manage to get rested up ready to help his recover!
  • His having a discography! its an injection of dye into the spine to see how badly damaged his discs are,then they manipulate his spine(dont no how)to see who its happening,then give a shot of pain killer and hope it helps,if not his back to phtsio and then a back op again to fuse the worn discs.
    He should only be of his feet a week with the op.fingers crossed.
  • Boo, you made me laugh when I read your comment about Ikea furniture!! The only bits i had left over was the packaging. I must admit it's a while since we've had anything from Ikea and i'm pleased to say they have ditched the instructions in Swedish and opted for lots of drawings instead.

My parents came round last night and sat with the children so we could go back for a look. I'm pleased to say we bought a wardrobe and chest of draws. The draws were discontinued and the only set the had were the ones on display so James asked if we could have them. They reduced the price so instead of paying £39, we paid £17.50!! Bargin, and there really is only one little mark on it that you won't see when it's up to the wall, also as it was already built, it is one less piece to make up.

The shelves are going up this morning and then i'm putting things back. Photo's will follow probably tomorrow.