Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

here it goes, my 100th post and i need some advise.

Replies

• Ha ha Lucy, i didn't realise how long it was until i had posted it. I kind of got carried away though when i was writting it. I will definately tell Hollie when she is older that she was planned. It's just the way people say things about her being an accident that make me mad, because even if she was she would be loved just as much.

Nicola, thankyou we do both adore her, even when she is being a little madam.
  • I know what you mean Karen.
    2 of my 3 were unplanned, but we love them all so much and could'nt imagine life without any of them.
    When I was pregnant with my first I had lots of comments about him being an accident(mostly from family members!!!)
    And I would always correct them saying he was a 'wonderful surprise' and NOT an 'accident'.
    Also because we were'nt married, and my boys are so different (Daniel is blonde and blue eyed and Aaron is dark and brown eyed) I was even asked by people at school if they had the same father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When I was pregnant with Katelin people kept saying 'oh I bet you want a girl'and although she was'nt planned we were over the moon but just wanted our baby to be healthy.
    We did find out the sex but kept it to ourselves as I was terrified of any unwanted comments people would make.
    The things we do to keep other people quiet!!!!
  • I kinda missed the point here.

Riley was planned,we had to due to my medical problems.I dont think anyone i met ever questioned me about it being an accident or planned pregnancy.
    We do keep quite to please others tho as i never told anyone at work till i was 4months,mailny coz one of the girls had just had a termanition and i felt guilty for being preggers.
  • It's terrible though that some people feel it is right to judge you if your baby is unplanned. I too am not married yet, i did ask Ian on his birthday though so we are getting married.
    My sister has 3 children, the first one was unplanned, the second she had planned with a drug dealer who is now in jail, and the 3rd she planned by coming off the pill but not telling her then boyfriend. They have all got different fathers and don't see their fathers at all. Maybe that is why it gets to me so much that people think Hollie wasn't planned. Because they think i am like her but the difference is Ian loves Hollie and we are a family.

That is really awful that people thought Aaron wasn't your husbands. I bet it didn't make him feel too good.
    I had loads of pressure to have a girl, but like you we wanted a healthy baby so didn't mind. But i still wonder what if we had a boy, would people not love her as much?

I don't know, people should leave pregnant women alone to get on with their pregnancy and enjoy it.
  • I totally agree with you Karen.
    Have you set a date for your wedding?
    We will have our 1st anniversary in May this year but will have been together 15 years. (we didnt want to rush things hehehe )
  • God thats harsh,i have 2 sisters 24 an 26,my elder one has 4 boys and younger has 3boys and i was also under tons of pressure to have a girl.Everyone was convienced i was going to have a girl,all i wanted was a healthy baby,i did at one stag want a boy and felt i was carring a boy.

It is awful when people doubt the father,if i get a pic of me and adi and riley you would say his not ours as i dont think he looks anything like us.
  • Lucy, no we haven't yet as we need to save up and decide what we want. I do also want to wait until Hollie is walking so that she can be a flower girl with her niece. Have you got any plans on how you want to spend your anniversary?

Emma, i thought i was carrying a boy i even agreed Ian could name the baby if it was a girl. He didn't agree with me until he found out it was a girl and luckily he chose a nice name. Hollie doesn't look anything like me but she is a minature Ian with my eyes lol. My sister told me after i had spent 8 hours in labour that she looked nothing like me and was convinced she wasn't mine.
  • We want to spend the night in the hotel where we had our wedding.
    Providing we can get a babysitter who will stay over!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aw that sounds lovely. Hopefully you will be able to get a babysitter and enjoy your time together.
  • I have a 5 year old 'accident' and she is the most precious thing in the world to me!! I had just lost my Grandad, who I was so close to, had been married 7 months and was desperate for a baby, but knew that we shouldn't as was still at uni and anyway, I had a coil fitted!! Fate must of intervened and totally ignored the coil as my month long tummy bud turned out to be Sophie!! Being unplanned just makes her more special!!

Sorry for the essay!

x
    x
  • Wow! Karen! Just read your post properly, mine doesn't look like an essay now!! Sounds like you went through a lot - but doesn't it show how well it all works out in the end? Look at you now, ENGAGED!!

x
    x
  • Thankyou Emma it did seem to all happen at the same time. But now we are together as a family and are really happy and able to plan our wedding.

I did get carried away writing though, so it did come out as an essay.

Your story with Sophie is really nice, it seems as if she was a gift from your Grandad. It is a really nice story to tell her when she is older.

xx
  • That's exactly how I like to think of it! In fact Sophie mentioned several times when she was a toddler that she saw her 'grandad Bob!' It gives me comfort.

Have you any plans for the wedding yet? Enjoy the planning bit, I started planning 18months before and was glad as everything was perfect and just how I wanted on the day! Been married 7years in June and still want to do it all over again! (with Adam, of course!!!)
  • Aw that is really nice that she can look back on that story in years to come.

No we haven't even decided when yet. I don't really know what i want on the day, as long as we get married i don't mind who is there or where we are....as long as Ian and Hollie are there lol. I don't think i want a big huge wedding but on the other hand don't want to get married in a registry office, so something in between.
    Did you find the planning stressful or did it all slot into place?
  • Karen,

I let adi name Riley hense his name is Riley Quentin.
    Riley after a bloody snooker cue and Quentin after Quentin Tarintino.
  • Ha ha Emma, I like Riley's name though it's different. Hollie was going to be called Mercedes or Porsche because Ian had to sell his Porsche before we hollie was born.
  • Ahh bless him.

We were going to have Chantelle louise for a girl,mainly coz adi loved it and it turned out to be a name my mum loved,and when my brothers baby was born and the only niece/grandaughter in the family there was only one name he wanted,bless him he asked if he could use it,so Chantelle louise- maddison she was called.I will get round to putting her pic on here.
  • Emma that is a lovely name. And yes it would be nice to see a picture of her. If she is anything like Riley she will be gorgeous.
  • Weddings are ALWAYS stressful, but I have to say that I loved every bit of it! My mother-in-law and Mum ganged up on me a bit and I think if I could do it all again, there may be a few things that I would change but really, nothing important!

I am doing a whole 'stationary set' for a ladies fourth wedding at the moment, It's making me want to do it all again! especially if it's like hers - she's having the works- I'm hand sewing swarovski crystals on her invites for gods sake!!
  • Oh Emj i so wanna work with you,sounds like you have lots of fun.