Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    oh yes please post a piccy so we can all see.
    I did my mothers day cards today (well the start)!! Handprints of both children i have just got to do some fancy writing on them!!!
    I love homemade items they are so much better. For xmas i brought dh a card from me and the kids but he sat there one afternoon with Lydia and drew scooby doo at xmas it was excellent, and even though it wasnt "sentimental" i loved it!!
  • Options
    It's funny though, because I card make for a living, I really struggle to get ideas for when I am giving a card!! I do so many wedding invites that a normal birthday card can be beyond me!!

I've made Ethans though, a train with his name and age on - quite chuffed with it!
  • Options
    I worked as a nursery nrse and nanny before i had my two so i find it "easyier" i suppose to find things to do with children but i must admit i get stuck sometimes there is only so many handprint cards a grandparent/aunt/uncle/relitive/friend/enemy/ what ever!! can take!
  • Options
    I love handprint/footprint cards. I always put them in Terry's fathers day cards Well he's only had 2 fathers days so far!!! We made a lovely handprint plate too with Tate at Center parcs last year too! I've still got a calender Tom made at nursery 7yrs ago with his handprint on its lovely
  • Options
    I can do the kids craft stuff Sarah, I love it and am thoroughly enjoying the kids craft parties which I started doing last year, it's the grown up stuff that's harder!! I think it's because people expect something hand made from me seeing as I demonstrate/teach card making!!
  • Options
    Hope you evening went well Em,as your day was manic.
    Would you expand your shops in other areas.
  • Options
    Everything is still manic Emma!! Made one of the invites to day, they are all being personalised and the envelopes embossed with the address, when i realised that the invite had the names Mike and Diane, but the address said Diana! Rang bride straight away and was told "Ooops! Diane's the ex and Dianas the new wife!" I've got to do the whole thing again!!

Will post piccies later so that you can all see what I am getting irate about!!
  • Options
    no way!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i said arrrrrgggghhhhhh! I swear, I've just doubled the price!!
  • Options
    Just imagine if you hadn't noticed though Emma!!!!
  • Options
    That could have been quite funny!!
  • Options
    Thanks Emma!
    I feel a shopping trip coming on!!!!!!

• Options
    Ohhh Caroline, come andstay with me then we'll go to Emmas shop for the day!!! You'd love her coffee and craft room!!!!! x x
  • Options
    emma, do you have a website whic you can order from?? my sil is so into craft stuff and makes everything herself, she made our wedding invites for us, and makes fab things for the girls!! i know she'd love to take a look if you do have one

kas xx
  • Options
    I wish I did, but watch this space, It may happen within the year!
    If anyone ever wants anything, I am always more than happy to send it!!

Photies of invites coming up now...........!
  • Options
    ....................OK Please remember that I have had to very delicately squash these down on my scanner!!

Can you see the swarovski crystal which I have threaded through the bow?!! PAINSTAKING!!!!

Inside of the card - 3 more swarovski crystals handsewn on the pocket! the main insert is layered 3 times - only got to do 60 of these!!!!

Hope you like them x x
  • Options
    Aw they are really nice Em, we are definately hiring you for our wedding lol. Their beautiful and definately worth the trouble you have been through.
  • Options
    They are beautiful Emma. You are so clever!!! We will def have a big order for you. if and when Terry ever pops the question!!!
  • Options
    At PP Discounts of course!!! Thanks though, am very proud (I know I shouldn't be really!) but it's lovely to do something that I enjoy so much, until it goes wrong that is!!
  • Options
    Hun they are lovely.Wish i knew you wheni got married,i like the simple things.Can understand now why you are so stressed with them.

My mil does web sites,does all different things,may be able to get a few pointers.