Forum home General Chat General chat

38 weeks and counting!!

Hi everyone. So many people have been kind enough to ask how I am doing, got my own thread aswell, wow! so I thought I'd do a quick update.

Still pregnant and very uncomfortable. This probably doesn't come as any great to surprise to any of you with children but as I never got further than 34 weeks last time, this is all horribly new to me! I am a weird shape so I am quickly running out of clothes, all up front and sticky-outy although from the back I still look just a little rounder than usual and not at all pregnant. I am down to one pair of trousers, a dress that now resembles a sack, and a few tops. Still, it will not be for long.

I would like to be possibly the first to post whilst in labour, but I can't believe that hasn't happened, anyone know for sure? But I will let you all know when something happens.

Thank you all for your kind concern and sweet messages of support, you all have far more pressing things to worry about than me and it means a great deal that you are all there. You are all amazing.

N. xx

Replies

• Good luck nicolette,like boo said hope it all goes smoothly and quickly.

Thats a good idea about posting while in labour,you'd have us all on tenterhook, i went in labour at 5am and was fine till 4pm when the pain kicked in.would have been plenty of time to do a post.lol.
  • Good Luck Nicolette - I was thinking the other day about you and when your baby is due!

WOW only a couple of weeks to go - hope you don't go over due!!! x
  • Ahh Nicolette that was alovely post and i'm so glad that we've been of some help to you!!

I'm delighted that you've got this far with this pregnancy it means that the birth and the days following it should be a different less frightening experience These last couple of weeks do drag though and its so hard with another child too but like you said it's not for long and before you know it you'll have your daughter in your arms!!

I think that's a fantastic idea if you're able to post on here whilst in labour i don't think it's been done on this site before and would be so exciting!! I was only thinking the other day how i wished i was on here when pregnant with amber as the day i was in labour i was at home for most of it on my own so it would have been fab to have everyones support!

Good luck and of course keep us posted x x
  • Hi
    Glad things are going well for you, try and not go in to labour while i am away, would be fab to chat to you whilst it was happening!

Take care xx
  • Its great to hear how things are going nicolette!!
    it would be fab to hear from you in labour, (although, obviously not expected). id have loved to have posted, but would have had nobody to chat to as i went in in the middle of the night both times.

how exciting!! looking forward to hearing about it all, and we'll all be thinking of you.

take care, and try and relax as much as you can this last little while

kas xx
  • My labours have been v.fast, so I wouldn't have time to have even switched on the laptop. Last time we didn't even think we were going to make it!!!
  • No 4 boke the rule for my sister and she was in labour for 16hrs,not wanting to scare you.

Hope you doing well tho.
  • That's a lovely post nicolette, I so hope that you have a wonderful experience this time, I know how much it all drags in the kast few weeks, but just remember the baby is getting bigger (sorry don't want to scare you there!) and healthier each day!!

take care and keep us posted!

Emma

x
    x
  • Hi Nicolette!!

Glad to hear that you are OK!!

I have no idea what labour is like as I never got that far. Got my fingers crossed for you though!!

xx
  • Hi Caroline, I know what you mean, this bit is all new to me as well! At least I will know what labour is like as I did do it twice last time!! I had hoped desperately that I would go into labour today, (if not before) as it was my grandfather's birthday and it is a special date, tried nipple tweaking to get the oxytocin going but just got sore nipples. She's on the go massively today as if to taunt me that she's still there and is quite happy to stay there.
  • Its normally when they go a bit still isn't it that they're ready. How exciting!!!!
  • I really want her out now. People laugh at me when I say I want life to return to normal but I know what I mean. I have had issues this time round that can't be rectified until after the birth, not least my dodgey ankle that is still giving me problems nearly two months after twisting it badly. And I don't feel I can 'live' at the moment, scared to go too far from home, 'just in case', as my first came early with no warning. I can't plan anything in advance, can't go and visit friends including the one who gave birth three weeks ago because it is too far from the hospital.

One of my cats won't leave me alone - maybe he knows something... or is just stupid!
  • Hi Nicolette,

Try not to get stressed out about it, she will come when she's ready. Have you spoken to your midwife about the possibility of being induced? Or maybe go down the route of a hot curry or raspberry tea?

I hope you and your family are all ok.

Take care, Zoe xx
  • Hi Nicolette,

Maybe your cat can sense something.An like Zoe says try something to help encourage labour,my m/w said if sex got them in then it will get them out.lol

Hope your resting well,take care and fingers crossed for ya!

xx
  • The night before I went into labour with my first, both my cats were practically velcroed to me. They were in competition as to who could sit closet to me. You never know, Nicolette they do have a 6th sence!
    You may be on here tomorrow saying its all started!!!!
    Good luck.
    By the way, have you chosen a name for her?
  • I can sympathise with you Nicolette, Hollie refused to come out until 10 days after my due date. And after being told at my 36 week check up they thought she was going to be early time dragged. She was head down from about 28 weeks and engaged not that long after but was still late. I was booked in for an induction monday afternoon as my sweep didnt work, but she made her appearance sat afternoon. The only signs i can think of that i had were that the day before i went into labour i was very tired and moody. I had a dodgy stomach friday evening and felt my first contraction sat morning.
    But unfortunately nothing helped start labour, i tried walking, cleaning, scrubbing the floors, sex, pineapple, hot curry and relaxing baths.
    All i can say is she will come when she is ready and all the waiting will be worth it. I wish you the best of luck anyway. xxx
  • All mine were over due. 4/5/6 days late. I tried everything too, but nothing worked.
    Like Karen says she will come only when she is good and ready.