Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

tips...................from the experts please lol!!

Ok so I am 37 weeks TOMOROW...yippeeeeeee. I am officially allowed a home birth from midnight tonight all being there is no snow but as its raining I am sooooo chuffed that I can still have one..woohooooo lol!

Ok so I thought it might be fun for you ladies to give me your tried and tested or not..tips on getting labour started or tips you have heard along the way.

Now I am taking raspberry leaf capsules but have done with all my babies.
Walking up down staires is supposed to open the pelvis so am going to hoover my staires later lol!!!

Anyway dont get me wrong I am not trying to have this baby tonight or anything but ....well.....could do with holding my little sprout before 39 weeks as I really do not want a 9lb baby lol!!!

so come on ladies, spill all, you havent let me down yet so I am waiting in anticipation lol!!!!!!

Replies

• Sex started J.....and Isaac.......and a few false starts with Tyler, so I would say....Sex??
  • whats that???? Oh is that what we do when we are ttc???????lol

Hubby is gagging for it soooooooooo he might get his wish lol lol!!!!

hmmmmmmm how on earth do we do it with my bump...errrrrrr no dont answer that one............................... his fav position might be on the cards too then lol!!! god he will think its a late xmas/birthday/anniversary pressie all rolled into one lol!!!
  • :lol::lol::lol:

You know, I never understood why couples didnt have sex when pg BUT this time round I get it 100% :lol:

Be warned though, if it dosnt kick start labour you may be left with some pretty nasty BH! xx
  • well if it only ends in BH he might get it twice lol!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • I'm going to have to second JunieMummy.

All three of mine were born within 8 hours of having sex.

I never found the curries, or walking, or any of the other stuff worked, but I suppose it makes sense that pregnancy can start and end with the same thing. lol.

xx

• Oh fantastic news about your home birth hun!!! image

I would say sex too, or (TMI coming here), if you can't manage 'the deed' get your hubbie to pleasure you without using his old boy if you get me. Within a few hours of having the sex/ the other, I went into labour with both 1 and 2, so I swear it must work!! image Or your could try him giving you a relaxing back or foot massage. If he gives you a foot massge make sure he pays attention to the insides of your feet. If you run your fingers along you should feel a slight swelling on both sides. These represent your uterus. Gently massaging them during late pregnancy can help make labour quicker and prepare the uterus for labour. I did'nt believe any of this but with both my first two daughters, they came within days of my mum doing reflexology on my feet. When I was in hospital waiting to be induced I did nothing but massage my feet to help speed things along! All 3 of my labours have been under 6 hours from the very first contraction, so I do believe it can help. x x x
  • right i got told nipple stimulation (oh dear god how i laughed) can bring on labour you'll have to google it lol!
    hehehehehe and yes sex (or as i like to call it, that thing i had before i had kids)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • great news on the homebirth.. yay!!!!!!!!

Sex never worked for me...
    DD1... a curry that gave me the shits and I went into labout 2 hours after having the runs.
    DS1..induced
    DS2... I had a really bad pain in my lady bits so I was doing some squatting by the bed and my waters went.
    DS3... nothing...he was a few days late, tried sex, curry, squats. Had sweep on the afternoon and he was born the next morning
    DD2.. spontaneous after weeks of bedrest (def no sex)

Sooo, basically I am no help!!!

d x
  • lol at you girlies, with the exception of dee dee( lovin ya too though sweetie!) you are all quite frankly sex mad lol
    here I was thinking your replys would be all clever and homeopathic remedies or some super foods.....not bloody sex lol!!!!!

But thanks its exactly what hubby wants to hear(grrrrrrr)!!!!

So rumpy's here we come!!!!!!!
  • apparantly if you swallow the beans so to speak, then this can set off labour. come on, a bloke must have made that up!! lol

d xxx
  • hehehe! your hubby wont know whats hit him.

I was in a right mood last night. My back was hurting and OH came over with that look in his eye. I told him if I catch a glimpse of his willy im gonna tie it in a knot. He wasnt best pleased!

some others

Blowing up balloons: the theory is that the build up of abdominal pressure encourages labour to start.

Eating pineapple

Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain which is thought to help to soften the cervix and so bring on labour.

Is it safe?
    There is no evidence to say whether it is safe or not. Each pineapple contains only very small amounts of bromelain so you would need to eat as many as seven to have any effect. The most likely side-effect of eating large amounts of pineapple would be a severe case of the runs.

Does it work?
    Some cultures swear by it but there is a lack of research into whether it really works. Regardless of this, eating large quantities of pineapple is likely to stimulate the gut and bowel and, as with castor oil, could kick-start the uterus into action by that means.

• EEEEWWWWWWWWW dee dee I am NOT doing that, blurgh, yuk!!!!
    Its actually a scientific fact acording to health websites, the prostoglandin tablet that they give you in hospital to indice you actually contains a similar ingreadiant lol!!! still not doing it though!

I actually love pineapple and eat a whole one at least once a week.....how many do I have to eat??......seven or more....oh my god, the Man from Delmonte say NO!!!!!!!!!! lol

Thanks again girls, I am thinking of scoffing pineapple for pudding tonight, giving hubby a little jiggy jiggy and if neccessary blow up balloons....are we talking party ones or your regular durex lol...( do ribbed ones count lol!!!)

Junniemummy, hope your backs ok today, and you havent got any more aches and pains xxxxxxx
  • apparantly if you swallow the beans so to speak, then this can set off labour. come on, a bloke must have made that up!! lol

d xxx

Obviously that tip came from a bloke :lol::lol:

For me there was nothing that got them started it just happened
  • i love this forum! lol I needed i laugh. i have no advice other than i did brake my foot when i was 38weeks with dd1, and she arrived the next day xx
    vicki
  • I love you girls lol,
    Having read back all these posts it just makes me smile, its like we have known each other for years lol!!

Well I had the pineapple but as for the "other" hubby has a awful cold and feels like crap so a little "hand action" was all I got last night lol!!!!!!!

Hoping tonight though cos I am having period type pains since 8pm last night.............................hopefully its the start of something............or not knowing my luck lol!!!!!!

Once again, Thankyou so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I love you girls lol,

Well I had the pineapple but as for the "other" hubby has a awful cold and feels like crap so a little "hand action" was all I got last night lol!!!!!!!

LMAO babs you crack me up xxx
  • lmao as usual at you babs!
    we do sound like a bunch of nympho's but are you really suprised it is the Large family forum hehehehehehe!!!!

my sister tried to get the trampoline bungey bloke at blue water to let her have ago on one at 38 wks lol strangely he said no!
  • Oh, can I give a not to tip.

At 41 + 2 with dd2 I took dd1 on a bouncy castle. She loved it so we spent over an hour bouncing away. I climbed off feeling sore but still human, but when I woke up after a few hours sleep that night I felt like I'd been hit by a train, and seriously wanted to be put out my misery I hurt so much. dd2 decided to take another 72 hours to make an appearance. lol

Just in case you have any crazy ideas.... image

xx
  • bouncy castles, swallowing man beans, breaking feet!!!! Yep another totally normal thread on the life of the 'large family girls'

you lot crack me up! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Well I am still here.....your tips didnt work lol!!! ( still not doing the swallowing thing though lol!!!)

tbh I dont actually feel ready yet..if that makes sense? I feel like sprout needs a little more cooking time. Its just something niggling in the back of my head.....probably my brain trying to work lol!!

Anyway, I have been having bh/period pains/tightnings since 8pm sat. nothing really wow but a couple have been enough to take my breath away.
    I actually feel like my blood pressure is through the roof this morning as I have a groggy head, my hands feel a little swollen etc so I might pop to the chemist and get them to check it for me. maybe its a sign of things to come??? who knows??

Anyway talk soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx