Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh RANT ALERT

Hi
mai has chicken pox sooo badly you cant see her face thousands of tiny spots, is in constant agony and we cannot do anything to soothe her, she is soo sick one oncall dr said she needed to go hospital just sit tight n the dr taking over will do it. next dr comes in looks at mai and says well it is horrendous (its in her eyes so she cant see propperly!) but ive never sent anyone to hospital over something like chicken pox!!!!! take her home put on some calamine and she will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CALAMINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are on bottle no 4 and it burns when we put it on her, she has had every antihistimine and painkiller we can give, oatmeal baths, bicarb baths, aloe etc

and to top it off i am now 9 days late! ive never been soo desperate to get af, i have to speak to charing in the morning to discuss action plan. i havent done a hpt as im too f*cking scared.

so there we go rant over and i'll speak soon to let u all know mai is ok n let ya know whether bald is going to be the in thing for summer!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    awww bless, I really hope she gets better soon hunnie, nothing worse than chicken pox, my ds1 has them terrible when he was 2 yrs old. nothing soothed him in the end. ( sorry no help there was I lol!)big hugs ((xxx)))))

could it just be stress why you are so late? I hope you get the result you are looking for sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Oh hun, thats crap, how is she this morning, your hospital and doctors sound a bit crap, keep taking her back if you are not happy, you know best.

Hopefully af is just late becuase of all the stress, take care xxxxxx
  • Options
    she has some anesthetic cream for her skin, charing are doing extra bloods as hpt wont show positive results if you have v high hcg. fingers crossed its all just stress!

feeling calmer now i know mai isnt in pain xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I can't believe how many poor little Mai has hun. I know how bad it was when mine had it but she looks 10 times worse ;( Give her a huge cuddle from us won't you. I really hope it gets better soon. Also have you tried vira soothe or the homoeopathic remedy Rhys tox? Someone recommended it to me when the girls had it. I have no idea if it helped or not but she swore by it. I guess anything is worth a shot, right?

As for AF being absent, try not to worry hun. I should think it's the stress. If you want to moan/talk/rant about anything, you know where I am hun. Lots of love and keep us posted x x x x
  • Options
    lol, mai is 100% better now with the gel she is running round loony fashion again! have tummy ache so fingers crossed for Af!! and uni wrote to me saying my place is safe for 2011 yaaaaaay!!!

all in all i feel pretty good

• Options
    glad things have improved.

My 16yr old was admitte to hospital with Chick Pox when he was about 2. He had them in his mouth and down his throat. He was on steriods which lower the immune system and they were worried about pneumonia.

My other 2 sons had it aged 1 and 2 and my 1 yr old looked like a space alien. He had more spots than skin. They were prescribed Zovirax medicine and the spots were dry within 2 days, no pain, no fever, no itching. Apparantly its dead expensive so the UK wont prescribe it.

Hope AF has shown her face for you.... xx

• Options
    really pleased for you both. Poor Mai - that must have been horrid for her. Im so glad shes improved alot and YAY! for uni 2011!!

xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    finally af gets her but into gear n visits lol! xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    woohoo! bout time she arrived.

Hows Mai? xx
  • Options
    mai is still spotty but they have scabbed over, looks like her neck and face will scar badly image we have to wait n see but dr says shes little so hopefully it will become less noticeable as the years progress image im gonna get her hair cut so she has a fringe to cover worst part and we are using bio oil to fade them xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Glad Mai better and that af turned up. Alice had chicken pox when she was 3, she had loads but only has one scar which is just on her hairline so it doesnt show, Isaac was covered too, he had loads and they were huge, he had loads of scars for ages but only has a few now and they are fading more as time goes by x