Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

non specific viral infection!!!!!!!

Have just spent an hour in the drs with alex just to be told he has a "virus"! He has spent the weekend with a temperature and vomiting, felt a bit better yesterday but started to get small blistery looking spots which i thought was chicken spots but he only has them on his hands,arms legs and feet with the odd one on his body, i googled it and it sounds like hand foot and mouth, i asked the dr and she said no no its a viral rash! so i am now none the wiser but i think im gonna keep him off for a couple more days and see how he goes,
xxx

Replies

• Options
    if you think its hand foot and mouth then you could always see another Dr for a second opinion although with HF&M there isnt much else you/they can do as it is a virus. HF&M tends to produce blisters in the mouth too so look out for those. Hope Alex feels better soon hun.
  • Options
    when my daughter had hand foot and mouth she too had a temperature, blisters on her hands and feet also in her mouth but she also had quite a few in her nappy area and the odd one of 2 on her legs, sounds like it could be, like Elaine says you can always ask for a 2nd opinion xx