Forum home General Chat General chat

Do you "toss" and do you like a squeeze.....................

Im talking pancakes here girls lol!!!!!

Ive never tried flipping pancakes but ds has insisted I give it a go this year.
I love mine with a sprinkle of sugar and a big squeeze of fresh lemon....ooh my mouth is watering already he he!!!!

Ds has maple syrup and choc spread, my girls love lemon and sugar....................how about you??????
Is there a "nack" to flipping them or do you just "toss" away lol!!!

Replies

• lol i just toss away lol but most of the time i miss the pan and it lands on the floor we have honey or sugar on ours dh likes a squeeze of lemon on his but i like mine sweet vikki xx
  • Ha ha!
    When in a daring mood I toss! Just wibble the pan a bit then chuck, two hands on handle! I can flip it, but it can fold...boooooo!
    We usually go to a pancake party at a friend of the ils so they're made perfectly for us, yay!
    Gotta be lemon n sugar, or jam.
  • i cna't toss them to save my life. my hubby has to do them, i cna cook them though. the kids love it when daddy tosses them into the air, thye think he is really clever. lol. i have jif and sugar on mine.but the kids like jam and chocolate spread. xx
  • pmsl....i did wonder what the topic might entail....pancakes didn't even enter my mind!!!! lol!!!! image my kiddylumps prefer scotch pancakes, so i mostly do those, and there fav is when i put chocolate chips into the batter.....yummy gooey chocolately pancakes!!! oh prefers them with sultanas in, and i prefer "normal" pancakes with some sugar and a bit of fruit in!!!! xx
  • He he I thought it might chear you all up lol!!!(that and my wicked sense of humour lol!!)

I do like the idea of chocolate chips, I have some in cupboard too!

Still not sure wether to "toss" or not though, I can imagine my landlords face when he comes round for his mail and sees blobs of pancake stuck to the cealing lol!!!!!!!

Hubby says Im good at "giving it a wiggle" and that I should be well practised in"tossing" pmsl! and so I will let you know how it goes...watch out on pancake day for a progress report he he!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • :lol: had me wondering there, I do toss but I like my pancakes with icecream and sauce x
  • You cant beat lemon, butter & sugar!!! Yum!!!!

Hilary x
  • I loe lemon and sugar-but to be a bit different-it sounds horrid but isn't... make spag bol and use pancakes as you would the pasta tubes-caneloni and layer in roles in a baking tray and cover in cheese sauce and oven bake for about 20 mins-with cheese on top obviously!! lol
    Haven't done this for years!
    xx
  • Well roll on tomorow lol!!!(it is tomorow isnt it???)

Ive got choc chips, fresh lemon and sugar, marshmallows ready for kiddies to enjoy my attempt at pancakes lol!!!

Cant wait, Im gonna get sooo fat he he!!!
  • i love golden syrup on mine and also the sugar and lemon combo
    my older two like marmite on theres, and chocolate spread x