Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Official "Large Families" Weight loss thread!!

Hey everyone,

This group is here for support for all of us with large families, to help each other in losing weight.
I usually do a weekly weigh in on a Friday, but obviously people who do slimming world etc may weigh on a different day, so just post your weigh in results as you do them image
If you are not happy putting your actual weight on here, please feel to just write what you lost/gained if you feel more comfortable doing that.

It would be greeat for us all to be here for each other , offer advice, kind words, encouragement when things get tough.

Any yummy healthy recipes you have would be very welcome on here too!

Carrie xx

LARGE FAMILIES WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS LIST

babs4 ----------------------- 11st 11lb start -----now 11st 1lb-----lost 10lb
cazzywoo------------------ 14st 3.5lb start-----now 13st 11lb-----lost 6.5lb
dee dee-------------------- 14st 0lb start -----now 13st 6lb---lost 8lb
hayley l --------------------11st 5lb start-----now 10st 12lb-----lost 7lb
hedgie----------------------8st 11lb start-----now 8st 6lb -----lost 5lb
LollyHatch Mw2B------ 12st 7lb start weight
Mummy Mog-------------14st 11lb start weight
Suger'n'Spice+bump-(currently pregnant and not losing weight!)
Taffygirl---------------------12st 12lb start weight

Anyone else is welcome to join us! xx

WEIGH IN 6/8/10 AS A GROUP WE LOST 1st 3.5lb!! WOW!!
WEIGH IN 13/8/10 AS A GROUP WE LOST 1 STONE!
WEIGH IN 20/8/10 AS A GROUP WE LOST 4lb!
WEIGH IN 27/8/10 AS A GROUP WE'VE LOST 2LB SO FAR!./color]

AS A GROUP IN TOTAL WE ARE NOW 2st 8.5lb LIGHTER!!!

[Modified by: cazzywoo on 31 August 2010 10:11:46 ]

Replies

• Ooooh good plan, I have been thinking for ages that I need to lose about a stone so If I have to post my weight on here every Friday it might give me the kick up the (rather large) bum that I need.

H xxx
  • eerrrrr, ok so my little value scales might not be accurate lol................if I put on 6 lbs its not cos ive eaten too many do-nuts....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;\)
  • yaaay
    right i need to loose 2 stone (probably more but hubby said if i loose my boobs he will cry!

ok sooo

Lolly starting at 12st 7 image

i'll post back in a week but af is still mia so weight might do anything lol
  • I will join in after I've dropped girls. Good luck with the diets! x x x
  • Well I weighed on the Friday just gone so I'll use that as my start weight, although I've stuffed my face and drank wine this weekend so I'm hoping my first weigh in isnt a gain.
    Start weight : 14st 3.5 image
    Almost exactly a stone heavier than just after I'd had my daughter a year ago! Eeeek!!

Good luck to everyone xxxx
  • Good idea!
    I was weigned on Tuesday by Slimming World so my 'official weigh in wil be this Tuesday.

Starting weight 14st and a quater...

I know I have lost at least 4lbs already.

I have found slimming world sooooo easy. The first few days were hard but now I find it easy to eat out, get full and not pick at naughty things. I am raring to get going on the bike too as I want to kick start the loss so that I lost at least a stone before I go back to Bahrain in Sept..

Good luck ladies...
    d xxxxxxxxx
  • Ok so donuts all gone, had my last home made jam on fresh toast door stops and now....babs is ready to be a good girl !!!!!

I do not have much will power especially over the summer hols so as much help as poss needed girls lol

"AND IN THE RED CORNER................weighing it at 11st 11lbs is BABS the super middle weight donut eating champion"

:lol::lol::lol:
  • babs 4 that made me laugh, donut eating champion!!

What I think I will do is on the original post in this thread i'll list everyone's start weights, then on that first post we can write our progress (I'll edit it each week) and see at a glance how everyone is doing. Its not a competition so dont feel pressurised to keep up with people who may be losing more than you, or feel like you are failing, we're all here to support each other image
    I'll do that now xx
  • dee dee when you say 14st and a quarter, do you mean 14st and a quarter of a pound (14st 0.25lb) or 14st and a quarter stone (14st 3.5lb). Just so I can get it right on the list! xxx
  • My starting weight is 11stone 5 lb imageimage Ideally I would like to be 9stone 12lb, diet starts today
  • Can I join? I was up at 12stone 10lbs with ds when he was born in March!!! I have been really working at it and I am a much more moderate 8stone11, but seriously at 5feet tall I really need to loose another 10lbs to a stone to feel like I'm not wobbling. I hope I'm not making anyone feel unhappy if I ask to join, but that last 10lbs and the first 10lbs I think are the hardest to shift and I'd love to weigh in with you lovely ladies.

xx
  • wow hedgie you have done so well, I dont mind you joining at all, infact the only way I think I would get my butt in gear to lose the weight is knowing I have to post my weight on here, my problem is simple, I eat too much :lol:
  • fab going hedgie,

Hayley thast my prolem too, I love food and love to EAT EAT EAT lol

I do eat realy healthy but have these awful moments of" just 1 donout" or " fancy a packet of crisps" then theres pudding, ice cream cornets especially the new magneto thing oooh yummmmmy!!

God I am a nightmare lol

I was verygood( ok not very good but I wasnt too naughty!) at dinner and had a bowl of salad with a touch of dressing, a slice(ok a hunk!) of bread and for pudding..................jelly and icecream..only a little bowl tho!!

Was that tooooo naughty????sure did taste good but I am still hungry so obviously didnt eat to much ....right??? lol its gonna take everything in my will power not to have a packet of crisps when the kids are in bed.............................................................hope hubby is up for some nookie to keep me occupied................;\)
  • lots of nookie for you then babs4 - or you could have the pack of crisps then work extra hard in the bedroom to work it off lol!!

My husband is on night shifts at the moment and its when I find it hardest not to pick at stuff. Think I'm going to have a soak in the bath and read my book when the little ones are in bed to keep my mind off snacking......!

hedgie I have added you at the top - well done on your weight loss so far that is brill. I hope you dont mind me putting your current weight as "start weight", if you'd rather I changed it to your original weight so you can see your progress easier let me know and I'm happy to change it! xxxx
  • didnt have the crisps but had the nookie lol, how many calories do you think it burned off???????????????

right so must ask, whats your daily menu like???

I dont normally but I had toast today for breaky I would normally have nuts/yogurt.

I try not to snack but do have a smoothy/fruit or more nuts as a snack.

lunch is a small sandwich or just a bowl of chopped fruit, with a packet of crisps if I fancy them or a cake/donut treat( must make a note to only eat ...1....!!!) I just cant do without a sweetie treat!!

tea is whatever everyone has but trying to have a smaller plate these days..alwasy have tons on veg etc as kids need to eat well too, they are so good and eat healthy meals.

pudding is...ice cream...oh I am so tempted to go to the freezer now.................................................!!!!
  • fab going hedgie,

Hayley thast my prolem too, I love food and love to EAT EAT EAT lol

I do eat realy healthy but have these awful moments of" just 1 donout" or " fancy a packet of crisps" then theres pudding, ice cream cornets especially the new magneto thing oooh yummmmmy!!

God I am a nightmare lol

I was verygood( ok not very good but I wasnt too naughty!) at dinner and had a bowl of salad with a touch of dressing, a slice(ok a hunk!) of bread and for pudding..................jelly and icecream..only a little bowl tho!!

Was that tooooo naughty????sure did taste good but I am still hungry so obviously didnt eat to much ....right??? lol its gonna take everything in my will power not to have a packet of crisps when the kids are in bed.............................................................hope hubby is up for some nookie to keep me occupied................;\)

You were no where near as naughty as me Babs, It was hubbys birthday yesterday so we went out for dinner, I was so determined to be good, I ordered pasta instead of the huge burger I really wanted but then hubby ordered garlic bread with cheese and I broke, then pudding cookies, cream and ice cream, Guess the diet starts today.
  • awww H I am sooo jealous lol, I am STARVING right now lol

Kids want a Mc donalds, they havent had one for about 6 months and they decide along with hubby that today they really fancy one................boo hoo shall I give in????? oh the chips........mmmmmmm
  • I went to McD's recently and decided to be good and have a salad. Well, it was the first time I've had one of their salads and I wasn't happy. ??4.65 or whatever it was(more than the cost of a normal meal in there!) , for some shredded iceberg lettuce, about 4 strands of grated carrot, 3 cherry tomatoes, and about 5 small pieces of grilled chicken! It wasnt even decent lettuce!

Well a typical food day for me (on a good day) is:
    BREAKFAST: Bowl of cereal with skimmed milk
    SNACK: Piece of fruit
    LUNCH: Ham Salad sandwich, or soup, and a low fat yoghurt after
    SNACK: Maybe some raw carrot, more fruit, or cereal bar
    DINNER: Whatever is being cooked, lots of veg, if its potato/rice/pasta etc will have a smaller portion. Only have pudding on a Sunday but kids are allowed to help themselves to fruit.

And this is what happens on a bad day:
    BREAKFAST: Skip it if I havent had time before school run, or use full fat milk if we've got none of my skimmed in!
    SNACK: Starving cos didnt have breakfast will gorge on a chocolate bar, a few biscuits from the tin, a chocolate mousse etc........!!
    LUNCH: Cheese toasties, packet of crisps, donut/cake
    SNACK: Piece of fruit, but as I've convinced myself I've been bad for the day anyway, it'll be followed by some biscuits or chocolate!
    DINNER: Make the children something like pasta but not really fancy any myself, so wait til hubby gets home from work and get a fat takeaway, accompanied by a bottle or two of rose wine!

Thankfully, there seem to be more of the "good" days than bad at the moment!!
  • Thanks cazzywoo, I'm happy for my current weight to be start weight,

Babs I don't think that is very naughty at all.

my normal meals are

breakfast - bran cereal or porrage with fruit and whole milk
    snack - cup of tea and buiscuit
    lunch - soup and salad
    snack - fruit and yogurt
    dinner -protien and lots of veg (whatever everyone is having), and just small serving of carbs
    dessert - ice cream or chocolate (but I limit it to 200 calories a day)

I have also been walking everyday after school or during the day with the children for an hour. It's a 30 minute walk to a large playground so we have been walking there and back and I have been trying to really participate while we are there. Yes the crazy lady on the monkey bars trying to race a 4 and 6 year old to do sit ups upside down is me. LOL!

Saying that I have been stuck at the same weight for three weeks now. I have really plateaued and have even gained two pound from what I was just a month ago, I need to make a shift somewhere.

Saying that I started making sourdough starter, to try my hand at homemade sourdoughs, and bagettes..... and it's worked! I have been making homemade bagettes and lovely artisan loaves and the house smells good, and I am filling out again.... ahhhh! But Dh is addicted now he doesn't want store bought bread for his lunches, and since I'm up with dd3 and ds at 4 am I throw a fresh loaf on in the early morning and by 6:30am the house is full of wonderful smells. I make up dh's lunch and before I know it I have eaten two warm slices slathered in butter... well I suppose I need not go on.

So my goal is to ignore the fresh bread, I must remind myself it will be there again tomorrow no need to eat it today... sigh.

Oh I was terrible at the weekend I made a rye sourdough pizza dough and we cooked up pizzas, and I ate a whole pizza the size of a dinner plate. I must not make pizzas anytime soon, that went down far far too easy.

xx
  • Thanks cazzywoo, I'm happy for my current weight to be start weight,

Babs I don't think that is very naughty at all.

my normal meals are

breakfast - bran cereal or porrage with fruit and whole milk
    snack - cup of tea and buiscuit
    lunch - soup and salad
    snack - fruit and yogurt
    dinner -protien and lots of veg (whatever everyone is having), and just small serving of carbs
    dessert - ice cream or chocolate (but I limit it to 200 calories a day)

I have also been walking everyday after school or during the day with the children for an hour. It's a 30 minute walk to a large playground so we have been walking there and back and I have been trying to really participate while we are there. Yes the crazy lady on the monkey bars trying to race a 4 and 6 year old to do sit ups upside down is me. LOL!

Saying that I have been stuck at the same weight for three weeks now. I have really plateaued and have even gained two pound from what I was just a month ago, I need to make a shift somewhere.

Saying that I started making sourdough starter, to try my hand at homemade sourdoughs, and bagettes..... and it's worked! I have been making homemade bagettes and lovely artisan loaves and the house smells good, and I am filling out again.... ahhhh! But Dh is addicted now he doesn't want store bought bread for his lunches, and since I'm up with dd3 and ds at 4 am I throw a fresh loaf on in the early morning and by 6:30am the house is full of wonderful smells. I make up dh's lunch and before I know it I have eaten two warm slices slathered in butter... well I suppose I need not go on.

So my goal is to ignore the fresh bread, I must remind myself it will be there again tomorrow no need to eat it today... sigh.

Oh I was terrible at the weekend I made a rye sourdough pizza dough and we cooked up pizzas, and I ate a whole pizza the size of a dinner plate. I must not make pizzas anytime soon, that went down far far too easy.

xx