Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

spd already :\(

think my spd is kicking in already. I was walking round Tescos yesterday and I was really achey getting the shopping out of the bottom of the trolly was impossible (I had to put DS2 in the trolly so he could pass it all to me) when I got home I was in pain. The muscles between my back & my bum felt like they were being ripped and my hips ached. I had it from about 34 wks with DS3 but it was quite mild. I think if its starting from 19 weeks then its going to be worse and I dont know how I will cope with 3 boys and spd. :\(

Replies

• Options
    aww sweetie, I hope you have just over done it and need to rest a bit.

Silly questions but were you wearing heavy/large boots? when I wear my boots or inch heals my pelvis and tops of my thighs just kill, and feel like stabbing aching pains for a few days after?
    Just a thought too but could you have strained the muscles walking on the snowy/icy paths etc? my midwife said even if you dont realise it we tend to over compensate for the slippyness which causes a little muscle strain???

Anyway like I said, just a thought.

I do hope you havent got spd again, not this early too. maybe a paracetamol, hot bath and a lazy day will help? maybe a back rub from oh if hes willing tonight?
  • Options
    I hope so Babs!!! You have given me hope! I am achey today but nothing like yesterday. I live in trainers (Im not a girly girl) but walkig to/from school and to Tescos & around Tescos ect it is possible I just overdid it. I really hope so. No such thing as a lazy day here lol but will deffo be taking OH shopping in future. Thanx Babs xx
  • Options
    Oh hun, I feel for you. I had it too with dd2 and dd3. With last pregnancy I had it from about 24/25 weeks. I was in agony most days and felt like a shit mum for not being able to do alot. I know deep down I would probably get it again, I just hope it is'nt as bad next time. They adviced me to wait two years between pregancies nxt time so at least I'll be doing as I'm told this time, lol!!! I'm not sure it will help alot though image
    Anyway hun I hope fopr your sake it's not SPD again. I know how it can take over your life. Try to take it easy as much as you can. Get your OH to do the shopping from now on, NO trolley pushing!!!!! Hugs x x x x
  • Options
    hugs, really hoping it is just a combination of babe stretching out your muscles and you over doing it.

Perhaps you could recruit your lovely little men to help you out just a little bit more so you could sit and rest more. I know it sounds horrible but I have just stopped picking anything up off the floor. My three have been so good, and seem more than happy to help, but if something falls (is thrown... lol) on the floor I just keep asking them and it has helped with the pelvic pain a lot.

It's only a short while, and I bet they'd love to be your little knights. Hope your oh will help out too, but if he's anything like mine it's easier to ask the shorter sweethearts in your life.

xx
  • Options
    aww hun
    well im sure you remember mine and the rants it caused! see mw get refered to physio n get measured for support belt, the sooner you get started the easier going it will be. my ohysio said i was to get in touch as soon as i hit 12 weeks as it does recur and can start earlier with each pregnancy.

paracetamol, no trolley pushing and stupid as it sounds avoid pushing buggy!!! boots do a cheap buble bath its bright purple and called pregnancy muscle relaxing bath soak which was the only thing that ever helped mine while i could get in and out of bath!!!!

i really hope it's not spd but it's worth getting prepared just incase hun and ask for help, kids are great at hoovering (once they have hoovered their hair or brothers bum in maiseys case lol!)

xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    bloody hell. you are 19 weeks already? Where does that go?

Poor you! I have never had SPD thank god. I know its not easy but rest when you can! Be lazy, you have a good excuse.

d x
  • Options
    Hey sweetie, hope things have settled down today.
    And yes even mummies should have a quiet, take it easy time!!!! That means just let the kids play quietly for half hour when they are settled themselves,or just steal a hour with your feet up even if it means arming yourself with ten story books and snuggling with your lo's on the sofa.
    Every little helps relax your tired muscles xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    thankyou Babs

I am still really achey but I have managed to rest up a bit. MIL took the eldest 2 for the night (she lives across the road) but Tyler decided that 4.15am was morning time!!! At least I dont have to do the school run though. I can go crazy and stay in my dressing gown a bit longer, lol.

thanx for asking. xxxxxx
  • Options
    Glad you are getting a lazy morning...bliss! ( even if you were up at silly oclock lol!)
    Dd2 was up at 5am today so I am very organised and all ready lol!!!!

Takecare, enjoy your semi-day off xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx