Forum home General Chat General chat

Feeling Guilty

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well. I am suffering with some serious mummy guilt. I'm sure its perfectly normal to feel like this, but it doesn't make it any easier!!

I feel as though I am about to pop as baby is due on Friday, but I am absolutely knackered and feeling guilty because I can't do the normal things I do with the other children. I can't drive any more and so I can't take them to some of the activities they normally do, and as I have been overdue with my last two, I'm guessing it will be the same next week too.

I know its not a big deal in the whole scheme of things, but I hate to think they're missing out just because we have decided to extend our family further!!

I'm sure my hormones are adding to it too, as I feel like crying like a big baby over it myself!!

XXX

Replies

• I'm with you on this one. I feel like my kids are missing out on mummy time at the min. I'm not due till 1st april so 5 more weeks now. I just want run round and play rough with them but i am soooooo tired. Hopefully it will make them more gratful when baby arrives and things go back to normal. ( what ever that is lol)
    vicki
  • Thanks Vicki,

Glad I'm not alone!! My God, motherhood is just one long guilt trip isn't it?! If I'm not worrying about one thing, its another.

Its sooo worth it though, so hopefully things will settle once the baby is here and like you say, they'll appreciate it more!!

How many do you have already?

XX
  • I feel for you, I think I am due with a day or two of you, and have three older ones as well. I am such a beached whale at the minute, and can't wait to be back to running about with them. I must admit though mine seem to be quite happy I have slowed down. lol. I like walking so we walk a lot, and I have had a few comments off dd1 when I have said oh lets go for a walk through the woods, and she says "You really could use some more rest Mum." lol. Dd3 shouts every time we go into town, "Taxi!" because she is so thrilled about riding in one, as we live on a big hill and my pelvis is too sore to climb back up after I have walked into town.

Try not to feel too guilty, we can only do our best, and they know they are adored, if not chased through tiny tubes at the indoor play centre each week right now.

xx
  • I've got 3. Will 11, Rebecca 8 and Emily 5. Guilt is the worst part of beng a mom. I always seem to fell guilty about something or other ! I'm just hoping i have an easy birth like with the others, but for some reason i just keep seeing myself having a c-section which would be rubbish. my Emily would hate me not picking her up!!
    vicki