Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wwwwwoooooooohoooo!

Hello ladies, and welcome to all you mums +3 familys he he!!!

Well I am babs3 and I have three children, Michael 7yrs, Natalie 5 yrs and Abigail 3 yrs.
I have been with hubby for 10 yrs and married for 6 yrs......wow that long blimey time has flown by!!!

And so here I am so very excited about the new forum and I hope you will all join me in saying thanks to web ed too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• hello ladies, i have 3 children Joshua 6, Mollie 4, and oliver 2.5, and am 33+3 pregnant with my 4th, due april 6th!!! i have been with my hubs 8 yrs, married for 6!!! at last we have somewhere we can chat and talk about issues relevant to us large families!!!! Thanks webed and hi to all of you xxxxx
  • yeah....I asked for this about a year ago so at long last!!! Thanks tho.

I am Denise, 40 this year and mum of 5. Lauren will be 18 on 24th Feb, Chris 15 and a half, Joseph nearly 5, Charlie is 3 and then Amelia is 1 on 26th Feb (2 days after her sister is 18!!!)
    I have been with OH for 22 years and married for 17 of them.

I love having a big family but find the age differences difficult to juggle. Also, find it hard to give each child some time alone and to get some ME time too.

How do you all find time to spend with each child, as a couple and some time for you??
    denise x
  • yeah....I asked for this about a year ago so at long last!!! Thanks tho.

I am Denise, 40 this year and mum of 5. Lauren will be 18 on 24th Feb, Chris 15 and a half, Joseph nearly 5, Charlie is 3 and then Amelia is 1 on 26th Feb (2 days after her sister is 18!!!)
    I have been with OH for 22 years and married for 17 of them.

I love having a big family but find the age differences difficult to juggle. Also, find it hard to give each child some time alone and to get some ME time too.

How do you all find time to spend with each child, as a couple and some time for you??
    denise x
  • Hi, I have 3 children Kyan 4, Kadyn 22mths
    and Bethany-Rose 13 days. I have just become a 'larger family!!!!!'. Dh and i have been together 11 years and married 6yrs. I don't think that 6 years ago we thought that we would have just had our 3rd baby!!
    Rachie that was good timing with no4 baby you just scrape in for the ??190 grant don't you ? !!!
    I was like that in 2007 when we had Kadyn and maternity leave changed in the April.
    Look forward to chatting with you all.
  • Helloooooooo. I'm Hayley I'm 36 and have 4 childre. Jacob 12, Megan 9, Alice 4 and Isaac 22 months. I am married to Phil we have been together for 17 1/2 years married for 3 (didnt want to rush into it :lol: )

So good to have a larger families forum at last. I am currently trying to deal with a stroppy almost teenager a daughter who I'm sure is hormonal at the age of 9 and toddler tantrums. Anyone care to join me image
  • hey, welcome ladies.
    dee dee, I must admit I dont get any time just for me really but at the moment Im just grateful to have a shower without interuptions lol!!!
    I only have three so I can imagine how you stretched you must get.
    I always make sure that my eldest two have the time with me to do reading and home work. Ds gets his own bedtime story(hes into horrid henry at the mo!!) while the girls get theres together as they share a room. I always find that if they all sit around the table and we do activities/games together and if i float between each child they are happy with that attention rather than just being on own with me.

Hubby and I havent been out really without the kids mainly because he works really awful shifts and also because I havent found a babysitter I trust yet(of course no one can do it better than me lol!!!!) He does want to take me out but I always say no.....not sure why, I just cant face it............cant put my finger on why not(if you get what i mean).

We do have the odd evening where we have a tub of ice cream/yummys and watch a film and have a late night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he he!! hes not much of a romantic either so a dvd and ice cream is as good as it gets I think lol!!!

[Modified by: babs3 on February 19, 2009 06:50 PM]

• Hi Hayley, we chatted a bit in the april 07 forum. Kadyn looks so big when next to Bethany-Rose ! How is Isaac. Can you believe they will be 2 in April !!!! The last year has flown by.
    Holly
  • hi all. this is great.!!! i also asked for a bigger families forum a while a go. but yes at last it has been granted.yay.
    well, my name is penny, i have been married for 10 years and together for 14 years, we have 5 kids together. thomas 9 and half, oliver 8, joshua 5 and half, rosie 3 and half, archie 20 months.
    i love having a big family. love being a mum. it has it's ups and downs but is very rewarding. am looking forward to chatting to you all. and chatting to others who have big famlies. xxxx
  • Hi all its fab to chat with ppl that understand. Thanks Web Ed

DH wont let me post names at the mo as we are in the middle of secretly ttc and (and i think this is the real reason) have been discussing our sex life on ttc and he doesnt want anyone he knows to read it (men!)

I'm 26 and we've been together 10 years married 5, we have identical twin boys who are 2 end of month and a 6 month old little boy and we have been ttc fourth and final since he popped out lol.

We are v lucky re spending time together, both our parents are fab and there Godmother is always happy to babysit, we even managed to get away for a weekend to celebrate DH 30th just shared the boys around lol.

I do find it hard to give each lo individual attention and sometimes worry that they are missing out esp as DH works all the hours to provide for us, I sometimes feel like a MSM (married single mother if you get what i mean) but love my boys and love being a bigger family.

How do you cope with friends who only have 1 child, sometimes i feel like my rabble overload ppl a bit

xxDBxx
  • Hi all i'm Michelle,I'm married to Nigel and have Amy-Leigh 13, Ethan 4, Kira-Louise (nearly)3 and we are expecting no 4 in April! Its hard as A-L as a teenager thinks the world revolves around her and hates that it doesn't always!! Me time what is that??
  • Oh finally! This is amazing! Well done girls and thank you web ed!!

Im Sarah 24. Mum to Molly 4, Charlotte almost 2 and Olivia 8 months.

Ive been with my other half Dave for almost 7 years now. However not an engagement ring in sight! I must be going wrong somewhere??

We are very lucky to have family living close by so we do get time out to ourselves to let our hair down every now and then image

Dave does work quite hard during the week and doesnt get back til gone 7 some days image Its these days which get me the most. Esp when 1 or more of the children are in bed b4 he gets home, he does feel as if hes missing out sometimes. I love the weekends when we get to spend time as a familyimage

Ive just about got to the stage where Im settled with my family and Livs is sleeping and eating well. However the overwhelming erge to have another baby is still there!! Its not too strong at the mo so Im keeping it under control! I would love to have another within the nxt few years tho, although oh wants to wait 5 years!!!! help!!! Im not sure if I can wait that long!!!

Look forward to chatting to you all soon,

Sarah x x x x

• hi . some of my friends have 1 or 2 kids and they always make comments like we can give our child(ren) everything and assume that we can't as we have 5 kids, it really annoys me when they say these things, as my kids get everything they need and want . they don't miss out on anything. they all have each other. as well.
    i too find it hard to spread my self around where attention is concerned, but always give my boys who are school age the time they need with me or daddy to do their home work etc,
    it can be challenging having a few kids but so rewarding, i am 1 of 5 and have great memories of growing up with my brothers. i hope my kids have the same memories as they get older.
    i do get stared at when we all go out together. and it can make me feel inferior but i hold my head high and am so proud of my 5.
    would love no 6 but will wait and see, i do feel settled with my 5 at the mo, but i can never say never. xxxx
  • Hello ladies!
    I'm Ali 31, and we have 3 children, Charlie 6, Alfie 3 and Gracie 14mth. Me n hubby have been together for almost 16yr, married for 6.5, so Sarah+girlybump3, there is hope for you! If it helps, I bought him a Playstation as a trade-off for a ring lol!
    I love my 3 and enjoyed being pg, but we aren't planning any more (note the 'not planning' bit lol).
    Family life is a whirl! I work part time (full time for the summer term) and so when I work, it's tea, play, bath n bed by 7pm (for the kids obv!). I listen to Charlie read on the way back from school- he loves reading- but not sure if as a teacher myself i should be encouraging such a haphazard home-reading method :lol:
    I then try to play with them after tea, with toys etc.
    As for me n hubby time, we try to get out for a meal once a month or so, and just get dvds the other weekends. We've been out quite a bit lately (all of 3 times in the last month!) and we're having all 3 looked after by my mum n dad overnight on Sat to go to my bil's 40th. Those are rare so gonna enjoy!
    Look forward to getting some tips off you lot as mine grow!
  • Hi all

I'm Emily and have 3 daughters. Elizabeth, 6, Charlotte 4, and keira who will be 5 months next week.

I have been married 7 years this year and been together for 9 years this September.
    We have close family so always have babysitters so we get to go out quite a bit.

I have found life easy with 3 children. Keira is a very content and happy baby which really helps. We haven't decided yet wether we will have anymore. I can't seem to bring myself to say no but sometimes I think that our family is complete. People ask me all the time if we are going for number 4 for a boy, which really winds me up as I would be happy to have another girl, so would my husband. If we decide to have another baby then it will be for that reason - we want another baby! - (rant over!)

Anyway, glad they have this forum and look forward to chatting to you all. x
  • I have 3 kids 10 and 7 year old boys and my little princess 10 months old. I don't think of it as being a large family but people are always commenting on how brave I am having 3 and asking how I manage. My OH doesn't spend much time at home so normally have to do everything myself. Hard work but I'm used to it. I am also a lecturer so have lots of lectures to prepare and assignmnents to mark but I normally do that late at night when everyone is in bed. In the summer I run a hotel and normally work 16 hr days and take the kids with me. So as you can imagine "me time" is very rare.

I live in Greece and the Govt. here are trying to encourage people to have children so if you have a 3rd child you get a bonus of 2000 euros and 250 euros per month until the children are 23 years old. Not worth having kids for the money but a nice bonus. I am using my money to put new double glazing in the house.

I always wanted 3 kids but I never wanted more.3 fit on the back seat of the car so for me it is perfect. Some people say once you have 1 child more don't make any difference. From experience I beg to differ. However the extra benefits are also more.
  • Oooohhhh can i join 4wks early???

Im kim and im 26, married to my hubbie for 6 yrs and have 2 boys who are 4 and 5...after 18months ttc and 3miscarraiges were expecting boy no3 in 4wks time image Dont plan on using contraception after the birth as want no 4 straight after - i love having a big family as im 1 of 5 and want the same for my boys image

If im aloud an early pass will look forward to getting to know you all....xxxxx
  • Oooohhhh can i join 4wks early???

Im kim and im 26, married to my hubbie for 6 yrs and have 2 boys who are 4 and 5...after 18months ttc and 3miscarraiges were expecting boy no3 in 4wks time image Dont plan on using contraception after the birth as want no 4 straight after - i love having a big family as im 1 of 5 and want the same for my boys image

If im aloud an early pass will look forward to getting to know you all....xxxxx
  • Hi ladies i am Sarah I am 25 and married to Craig (for 19 months) we have three children Caitlin 2 and Stevie-Louise and Ashlea-Claire who are 32 weeks.

ME time............uuhhhhhhhhhhhh what is this LOL, actually my lovely mum and dad have informed me today that they are taking all three of my angels (ha ha) for the day and most of the night on the 28th so that me and OH can spend some time together, woop woop only the second time, the first time was when we went to Tesco lol.

I dont have any plans at the moment for any more children as I am going back to Uni in September, I wouldnt rule any more out but oh definitly would!! At the moment (and this probably sounds ridiculous) but i dont want any more children but I would like to be pregnant again, yes i know thats really backwards but hey!

Anyway looking forward to speaking to you lovely ladies.

xx

DB didnt realise you were only 26 hon, I dont feel so bad having 3 children at 25 now (at least there are a few of us) :lol:
  • woomummy lovely to hear from you, you are my twin with 3 boys and straight away ttc no 4. will that be it for you? id love more but have had 2 c sections so really have no choice but to stop at 4, im gonna be sterilised to stop me getting broody.

Cant wait to hear about new addition x

To everyone else its lovely to hear from you, you make me feel normal

xxDBxx
  • hi kyan, yeah i have been very lucky as we don't usually qualify for any of the "initiatives", and i was lucky to scrape it!!! lol!!! hey db and sarahncraig, i've only just turned 27 with no 4 on the way! he he woomummy, you sure have the "baby bug", i'd quite happily ttc for no 5 (i still have room for one more car seat!!!! pmsl!!!!), unfortunately my house is not big enough and with the state of the housing market at the moment, were stuck!!!! hope all you ladies and broods are well xxxxx