Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

best gap between 3 and 4, he he!!!

Hi girls,
Whats everyone view on gaps between 3 and 4?? or gaps between ne while were on the subject!

My other half want to wait 5 years to have number 4! But with having the first 3 so close together I think it would be a bit cruel to leave it that long and have 1 all on there own. Ideally id like one in under 3 years. How can I persuade him otherwise? x x x x

Replies

• Options
    well the age gap between my 3rd and 4th will be 3 yrs, (my youngest will be 3 2 wks afters lo's due date) thou we did try earlier (had 2mmc in between), it'll be the biggest age gap between my children so i'm quite interested to see how that goes!!! lol!!! i too would be a bit worried about having such an age gap, but saying that my youngest brother is 15 yrs younger than me, and he loved the attention we gave him. i don't know what to say about persuading him otherwise, you've both obviously agreed to have another lo, what would be the benefit of waiting? explain to him that the relationship with siblings is usually better when they're closer in age? i'm sorry hun i'm not much help!!!! lol!!!!
  • Options
    Thats the maximum gap I want between 3 and 4 roughly 3 years. I would prefur not to have it ne bigger then that. Mind you in saying that you cant always plan things the way you want them can you? Sorry to hear about your mmcs hun. If we waited ages, it could end up taking much longer than we had expected or planned for.
    Thats also what I think, whats the benifit of waiting? None what so ever! I think he just wants a break from tiny babies and sleepless nights to be honest! Not that he has ever had that many!! Its always me that gets up for them! Its also harder work having them close together isnt it! Things are just starting to get easier in our house so the last thing he wants is me getting all broody again! lol! I cant help it tho, I wont be able to relax until we can agree on a time/ date for ttc no4! Thank you for the reply hun and good luck for the birth of number 4!!image x x x x
  • Options
    My dh would prefer to wait a bit longer but said he'd rather have one now then listen to my broody talk all the time, also it means we can ebay all the baby things rather than store them in the loft.

Also I dont want them all at school then to be back to nappies/hourly feeds etc, I want to go back to work and by haning them close together means i can.

Yes it is hard work having them close and sometimes i think we are doing so well at the mo why rock the boat but i had same worries when pg with lo and all was fine so fingers crossed all will be fine again

xxDBxx
  • Options
    hey, I have roughly 2 years between each of my three, it wasnt really planned that was it just sorta worked out like it!
    We are ttc in summer so if all goes well no'4 could possily be born about 4-41/2 yrs between it and last dd.................that will be strange, I expect it will be a whole new learning curve for me!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hi dh and i were just discussing this last night as we have 3 dd is 6 and we ttc so long for ds1 he is 17 months and then we werent going to have any more but ds2 was a nice surprise he is 7 months then we deffo said no more, but with my last pg i had loads of problems and they found something wrong with my heart so the doctors said no more children, but once someones told you, you cant have anymore you want one and thats how im feeling at the mo.

I would start now so there wouldnt be a big gap then i could get all baby stuff sorted and it wouldnt be really any more of an expense, but dh has said if we did he would rather wait 2-3 years and if not that not at all as he doesnt want to put my health at risk which i understand, but i cant help feeling the way i do i feel like it has been taken out of my hands and i think only women would understand this vikki xx
  • Options
    I wanted all of mine fairly close together and there is 20 months between the boys then as I had 2 mc there ended up 4yrs 2 months between 2 and 3. It's actually turned out really well and as no2 started school a few months after my daughter was born I have had loads of time with her to myself which has been lovely. It has felt like having a 1st child again but much easier with experience and older brothers for her to play with while I'm making tea!
    That is one reason why I am happy to wait a bit before no4 - it is purely selfish so that I can enjoy that one to one time again. Also, it would be my last so I want to have another baby to look forward to for as long as possible.
    I do agree with the clearing out the loft bit though - as soon as I have another one I will be able to get rid of all the clothes and toys that I have been holding on to!! xx
  • Options
    i have 17months between 1&2 then 10 yrs between 2&3 big gap because we said wasnt gonna have anymore then i thoughtni was expecting but it was a false alarm and i was dissapointed so we ttc no3 but sadly had 2mc whilst ttc then we had no3 and then a no4 suprise so there will be a 2yr gap between 3&4 and even though not planned i think thats a nice gap and really excited to be having no4.xxxxx

no 4 due in 4 days xxxxx
  • Options
    Well he is still saying 5 years! So 5 years it shall have to be, unless he changes his mind! Im just going to enjoy the 3 I have for now and look forward to a time when he decides we can have another one! Hopefully sooner rather than later!!! Im nearly 24 and hes 27 this year so thankfully time is on our side x x x
  • Options
    I have 19mths between 1&2 and 9 and a half years between 2&3. I am hoping that there will be a 2.5-3 year gap between 3&4!! lol (hoping to start ttc late 2010!)
  • Options
    lol sarah i keep hinting to tony that maybe december time we should start baby dancing lol hes not budging either i got very upset about it cos he said its only because hes worried about me going through it all again as its sooo awful for me ??? so i said its not awful atall n he said well it looks pretty awful the whole birth thing!!!! i got vvv annoyed n said when he has a uterus he can have an opinion hahahahaha
  • Options
    I know Laura, Dave said hes very worried about the SPD too. but waiting isnt going to make it ne less painful is it? At least if you have them sooner you can have the op to sort everything out quicker!! Im hoping that he will change his mind b4 Livs is 2, Im not sure he will tho image x x x
  • Options
    its not as if it would matter for me im in agony anyway image arte you still going to the meetup??? xxx
  • Options
    Thankfully mine isnt too bad now, but if your in so much pain you might as well be pregnant ay? At least then you can have something to look forward too for the agony!!
    Yes defo!! Are you still coming too?? We can moan about the men on Weds, lol! x x x x
  • Options
    yeah im comming will be bringing mai and luca and my gorgeous baby brother joe lol no runnig for me tho xxxxx
  • Options
    I went there last week! It was mad, hopefully wont be as busy with it not being half term!
    See you Weds then hun, looking forward to it image x x x
  • Options
    Well there has been a few developments ladies. Last nite oh randomly said at the dinner table 'If you stop going on about babies, we can re asess (sp?) things when Livs is two! and start trying after then but not before' !!! I will happily settle for that!! So hopefully there will be roughly 3 years betweeen 3 and 4! If I manage to stop going on about it and all is well nxt year!! I feel so happy, I can relax now! image x x x
  • Options
    ooh wow sarah it shows hes been thinking about it!
    good luck babe xxx
  • Options
    exciting times..... I love the whole TTC and POAS stage..
    I have a 2 and half year gap between 1 and 2
    10 years between 2 and 3,
    17 months between 3 and 4
    2 and half years between 4 and 5...

d xx