Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had an awful scare :(

I had an awful scare today, I was very busy cleaning the house and I noticed Amy had not woken from her nap so I went in and she was crying but I hadn't heard her because the blanket was over her face. She was frantic and when I got it off she was starting to turn blue. I was so afraid, I immediately took her outside so she could get some fresh air but I feel so bad now. It was just lucky I checked her, God I freaked out I love my kids so so much don't know what I would do without her. :cry:

Replies

• Options
    aw hun that must have been so scary for you. hope your both ok now, i had a similar story when my son a couple of months old. he was lying on the floor in his room while i sorted out his clothes and i gave him a teddy to play with. heard him banging his feet and turned round he had pulled it on to his face and couldnt move it off. i lifted it up and he took a huge breath and started crying!!! i shit myself and just burst into tears. was the scariest thing at the time. he was fine afterwards but i just feel so shaken for hours after.
  • Options
    aww bless, hunnie I think we have all had something similar and it still scares the crap out of me !!! ds2 did it with his blanket the other night, he is such a figit and is always crunching his legs up which makes the blanket ride up. It covers his face and he gasps for breath after........I have now got him a gro bag!!!!

hope it doesnt happen again sweetie..very scary xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    aww hun i have a video monitor in lucas room because he hated grow bags and i was terrified that he would do this! now he is older he prefers to sleep with the cover over his face so i can only use cellular blankets and have to go in several times after checking monitor to see if he has pulled them up again arghh!
  • Options
    that is really scarey. Poor you. Mothers instinct is strong so you obviously felt the need to check..

d xx
  • Options
    Oh hun, so glad she's okay. Things happen so fast, thank goodness you checked, don't beat yourself up it happens to everyone.

xx