Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help re car seats

Hi all - g/c slightly as only preg with no 2 but planning many more and as part of the plan I was wanting to find out if it is poss to fit 3 car seats or booster cushions across the back of a standard estate car?
OR
Do you know of any websites that have the measurements of car seats on so that I can measure the abck seats and see?

Replies

• Options
    You will be able to get 3 car seats in the back of most cars with a bit of manovering hun. This is with the eldest in the middle on a booster. We have always managed to get our 3 in the back of my Astra believe it or not! I'm not sure of any websites that state the width or seat though. I was looking for something like this too when choosing seats in the past. I actually went into a mothercare store in the end and went round with a tape measure trying to find the narrowest carseats! I've had a maxi cosi cabrio, Britax freeway (very narrow) Britax Rennaisance (one of the wider ones but it's higher up so you still get a bit more room, they don't do either of these seats anymore, but The Britax Prince is very narrow also! Graco Juinor plus, Britax highback booster and a mothercare booster. I would advice you to do the same and go into Mothercare, halfords and measure them up!!! Good luck and hope to see you over here more in the not too distant fututre! image x x x
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice it all helps!

I think when this bump moves from stage 0+ car seat (which we already have from ds1) up we will have a mothercare trip for measuring seats - we bought my son's one based on price etc but it is quite wide.

THANKS!
  • Options
    Great advice from SnS so cant add anymore but wanted to say congrats on number 2! xx
  • Options
    aww thanks junie mummy!

roll on number 3 I say! I can't wait.